“Great service, good for quick overnight while traveling I-95”

Holiday Inn Lumberton
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel simply because I was driving the Interstate-95 corridor and needed a place to sleep between FL and DC. It was perfect for that. The staff were extremely helpful, the front desk clerk efficient. Because of the location (a commercial area with lots of chain restaurants and gas stations nearby), I would not say this is a nice place for families or for anything besides using the hotel amenities. The decor is a bit tired, but the hotel was exceptionally clean, as was my room. I would not recomment Holiday Inn spend the $$$ to update the decor because I think the kind and efficient staff and the cleanliness well make up for the slightly dated style.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear gisjob4me,
Thank you for all of your kind words and for taking the time to write this review. We value you as a guest and we value your feedback. We wolud love to see you again when you come this way again.
Jacqueline/Front Desk Staff

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Lumberton

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I gave this hotel a very good rating because overall it was a good place to sleep during my 1 night stop. The room is very clean, the bathroom was very nice. The beds are comfortable and very clean. What I didn't like was the constant knock on the door from the housekeeper at 9am. I didn't ask for a wake up call, I answered yes and she walked away. 10 minutes later she knocked again and again I said yes!! and she simply stood in front of the door then kept on walking. I understand if she wants to clean but I paid for my room and check out is noon so why are you knocking twice. I get once to see if we are still in the room but once I answered she should not have knocked twice. I had to put the do not disturb sign on the door. This was unpleasant and rude. It wasn't even 9:30am. The Denny's attached to the hotel was good for a midnight snack.

Room Tip: Tell the front desk to make sure the housekeepers do not start knocking at 9am if you plan to sleep...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank zaly
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the unwanted wake-up. We have rapid check out so most guest leave without coming to the front desk and housekeeping merely check the rooms. If the do not disturb sign is on the door they will not knock. We hope you will sty with us again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I was driving from Washington DC and arrived in the hotel at 1.30 am.
Next morning I asked for 12.30 check out instead of usual 12.00 o'clock
They told me no and I had to leave the room at noon.
The hotel was totally empty as I went to my car and noticed just a couple of cars on the empty parking lot

• Stayed: April 2014
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear alex12914,
I am glad you stayed with us and hope you will again. Late check-outs are based upon availability. The fact that you state the parking lot was empty is an indication to me that it was not available. The fewer rooms sold the least likely a late checkout is available. We do try to accomodate if possible. I apologize for any inconveinence this may have caused you. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I always stay here driving north on I-95. It is right off the exit, clean and comfortable. The bath has a stack of fluffy white towels. Denny's is an option right in the main lobby. Reception provides discount coupons. However, Outback is a short 2 block drive, safer to drive at night. It is always crowded even if you go early for dinner at 6:00pm. Approximately 8-10 miles south of the hotel exit is a rest stop. Most times they have coupons for $20.00 discount on the room. There's your free dinner at Outback.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear valued guest,
We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a two-night business trip to Lumberton, NC and was a little depressed at the lack of available hotel accommodations. As HI is a preferred vendor of my then company, we opted for the Holiday Inn. Who would have thought this hotel would be a pleasant surprise? Not me for sure, but I was wrong.

Despite its exterior appearance, everything inside met or exceeded my expectations for an off-exit Holiday Inn. The customer service was top-notch, the room was quiet & clean, SPOTLESS in fact, and the best part is the location. A quick walk will get you to the Outback and across the street is a Starbucks! The Denny's onsite is a bit below average, but you can always opt for breakfast at one of the other restaurants nearby.

Despite the location being close to the interstate, it was very quiet, and the rooms were very accessible. The room had a comfortable but firm love seat, mini-fridge was great for leftovers or the occasional snack item, and the room was spotless. If you have to make a stop in Lumberton, I'd recommend the HI over one of the other hotels the next exit up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Altmaverick,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are especially glad that we exceeded your expectations and would like to do so again on your next trip to Lumberton.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We like that the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Upon check-in the clerk forgot to validate the room cards so we couldn't get in the building. My husband had to walk around to the front desk for help. The clerk did apologize. There is no free continental breakfast but you do receive coupons for the attached Denny's. We stayed here last year and will probably stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Cynthia H

Thank you for staying with us again and we will continue to provide you with the type of service that will keep you coming back. We apologize again that your husband had to walk around the building, for we find that to be unacceptable and it shall not happen in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

...is no surprise.
This is a perfectly acceptable property without a lot of glitz or pretension.
It is IMMEDIATELY off I-95. As might be expected, there are numerous other chain hotels in the vicinity. They are probably more similar than not.
No "free" buffet, but Denny's is located off the main lobby. A $5 discount coupon is offered by the hotel.
Room was acceptable. I understand the comments about the hotel being a bit tired and dated, but the rate reflects that, as well. Don't ask for sirloin, if you want to pay hamburger prices. I enjoy a good steak as much as the next guy, but sometimes a good hamburger is all I need.
BTW: front desk clerk was friendly and extremely helpful, as was our waitress at Denny's.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Darthdaddy,
Thank you for taking the time to wrie this reveiw. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope the next time you are in Lumberton you will stay with us.

Front Desk