“convenient and clean”

Holiday Inn Lumberton
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I always stay here driving north on I-95. It is right off the exit, clean and comfortable. The bath has a stack of fluffy white towels. Denny's is an option right in the main lobby. Reception provides discount coupons. However, Outback is a short 2 block drive, safer to drive at night. It is always crowded even if you go early for dinner at 6:00pm. Approximately 8-10 miles south of the hotel exit is a rest stop. Most times they have coupons for $20.00 discount on the room. There's your free dinner at Outback.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear valued guest,
We are glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a two-night business trip to Lumberton, NC and was a little depressed at the lack of available hotel accommodations. As HI is a preferred vendor of my then company, we opted for the Holiday Inn. Who would have thought this hotel would be a pleasant surprise? Not me for sure, but I was wrong.

Despite its exterior appearance, everything inside met or exceeded my expectations for an off-exit Holiday Inn. The customer service was top-notch, the room was quiet & clean, SPOTLESS in fact, and the best part is the location. A quick walk will get you to the Outback and across the street is a Starbucks! The Denny's onsite is a bit below average, but you can always opt for breakfast at one of the other restaurants nearby.

Despite the location being close to the interstate, it was very quiet, and the rooms were very accessible. The room had a comfortable but firm love seat, mini-fridge was great for leftovers or the occasional snack item, and the room was spotless. If you have to make a stop in Lumberton, I'd recommend the HI over one of the other hotels the next exit up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Altmaverick,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We are especially glad that we exceeded your expectations and would like to do so again on your next trip to Lumberton.

Jacqueline

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We like that the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Upon check-in the clerk forgot to validate the room cards so we couldn't get in the building. My husband had to walk around to the front desk for help. The clerk did apologize. There is no free continental breakfast but you do receive coupons for the attached Denny's. We stayed here last year and will probably stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Cynthia H

Thank you for staying with us again and we will continue to provide you with the type of service that will keep you coming back. We apologize again that your husband had to walk around the building, for we find that to be unacceptable and it shall not happen in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

...is no surprise.
This is a perfectly acceptable property without a lot of glitz or pretension.
It is IMMEDIATELY off I-95. As might be expected, there are numerous other chain hotels in the vicinity. They are probably more similar than not.
No "free" buffet, but Denny's is located off the main lobby. A $5 discount coupon is offered by the hotel.
Room was acceptable. I understand the comments about the hotel being a bit tired and dated, but the rate reflects that, as well. Don't ask for sirloin, if you want to pay hamburger prices. I enjoy a good steak as much as the next guy, but sometimes a good hamburger is all I need.
BTW: front desk clerk was friendly and extremely helpful, as was our waitress at Denny's.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, Front Desk Staff at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Darthdaddy,
Thank you for taking the time to wrie this reveiw. Your kind words are greatly appreciated and we hope the next time you are in Lumberton you will stay with us.

Front Desk

Reviewed February 10, 2014

After a very long day on the road this was a nice place for my family and I to rest. Denny's off of the lobby and a huge Walmart across the street for resupply (Starbucks at this exit was a bonus). Good beds for us, quiet rooms. One draw back was the parking lot. A little dicey, would have liked to have seen better lighting and maybe cameras. Found pills in our roll away cot and brought it to front desk. They were surprised and call us back to assure us that they weren't narcotic, that was nice

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear David C we appreciate that you have taken the time to write this review and we are a family friendly hotel with ammenties to fit the needs of the family. Any problems that you may have experienced while here so certainly do apologize for that. We would love for you to stay with us again.
Staff

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that the location of this hotel is great. I just need to mention after a long 9 hour car ride looking for help and my room key is not what a person desires at 4am. I guess a camera would be beneficial because I was two seconds from going next door to find a room. A nice gentlemen from Denny's called a ladies name really loud and she appeared finally. I really enjoyed my stay otherwise and I thought a breavement discount was noted but I received no discount. The Hotel is clean and cozy. I will stay here again. Good job guys and the night clerk should check the counter frequently.

• Stayed: February 2014
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Whokows,
I am glad you chose to stay with us to begin with and that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.
S. Arp

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Let's run down what I can recall from a recent stay:

Location: pretty good. Right off I-95. walking distance to Outback and a couple other decent places to eat.. Starbucks nearby. Denny's connected to hotel.

Check-in: Slow. A lot of contractors and railroad people piled in the lobby checking in. Took a while to get room keys and get to my room.

Grounds: Well kept outside.. Well lit parking lot, even though i did get approached by one of those trolls complaining of car trouble and a myriad of health issues and asking for a few bucks to help her get home. When I turned her down she jumped in her "broke down" car and drove away real fast. Go figure. Shame these people have to invade personal space with their nonsense.

I digress..

Room: This is a tough one. Because the bed was comfy and I love the fact that they tag the pillows with "firm" and "soft". That is outstanding for a guy like me who needs a firm pillow to sleep. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was spacious and the shower had great hot water and good pressure. The TV was newer flat screen.. However, and this is a huge problem. That wall heating/cooling unit sounded about as loud as one of the freight trains that roll through Lumberton every day, To make matters worse, I turned the thing completely off (without unplugging it) and it kicked on by itself and blew loud forced air every few minutes all night. I wish I could have uplugged it. It was that loud. And since when does the word "OFF" not mean "OFF!!!".

Also, you can hear TV's coming from the adjacent rooms next to yours. So the walls are a little thin in my opinion.

Overall - tough to score a 4 with the industrial strength fan/blower in the wall unit. I guess I could go 3.5 but that's not an option.

So.. decent place to stay.. just be prepared for a noisy wall unit that is impossible to turn off..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ravenboy
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Ravenboy
We do appreciate your review and that you found most things satisfactory. We do not allow vagrency on the premises and call the police if that occurs and is borught to our attention. Sometimes other guest may play their televisions extremely loud and when one of our guest has a problem and it is brougth to our attention we make every effort to fix it because our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction. Once again we thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review and hope you will stay again soon.