“Great Stay”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I always enjoying staying here when I travel to NC. I'm from Bladenboro and staying at this hotel always makes me feel at home. I live in Maryland now and enjoy visiting Lumberton. This trip, I took my granddaughters and the hotel took really good care of them. Their meals in Denny's was excellent and free. That worked out good because they are picky eaters. I visited the lounge and played pool. My room was so clean and the bed was so comfortable. Staff at the front desk was superb. Staying at this hotel gives me access to everything I need. All in a nut shell, rooms are great. Denny's staff, especially the day manager, was wonderful with my grands. The front desk staff was great and let's not forget the cleaning staff for checking on us everyday to see that we had what we needed. I have already informed the rest of the family to stay here for the next family reunion.

1 Thank TabithaBellamy
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for the many compliments. we will share them with the staff as we do with all the great compliments we regularly receive. Everyday we are busy getting ready for our guest and friends as they check in. Hope to see you again soon.

Steven Arp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for a family reunion. The rooms smelled and had black mold on the ceiling. The manager on staff was apathetic to the situation. All of the other nearby hotels were booked for the night or we would have left right away. Needless to say we checked out the next morning and went elsewhere. I will never stay there again! This hotel is a disgrace to the Holiday Inn name!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MissDee1972
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. When we have temperatures of 97 degrees and above with a heat index well above 100 degrees, it presents a challenge. Our air conditioners work hard to keep the entire hotel cool and dry. From th Holiday Inn with great Southern Hospitality.

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A first floor room was available upon our arrival as requested. The room was clean and proper towels and etc were in place. The staff was knowledgeable and made our short stay a snap. Injoyed the Denny's that was right there. A must for me on my next north from florida.
Thanks to the management and staff..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We thank you for taking the time and writing your response. 100% guest satisfaction is what we strive for. We appreciate your business and look forward seeing you on your return trip.
Reading, PA
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family stopped here on our way to Myrtle Beach. We loved being able to use the outdoor pool after a long day of driving, then went to the Denny's inside the hotel for dinner (free child dinner). The restaurant was pretty much empty at 5:30 PM which I thought was odd, but it seemed to get busier as the evening wore on. We did have an issue though with people outside our room in the hallway fighting and knocking into doors/walls at 5:30 AM. When we discussed this with the front desk later that morning, they were extremely apologetic and advised that the police were called and both parties were arrested. Theyw ere unable to offer money back on the room rate since I had booked via Priceline, but they did comp my family a free breakfast that day. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank psuhbg1995
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We Thank you for your response. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and this includes their safety and well being.We have zero tolerance for disruptive behavior. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.
Cobden, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Florida this past week, and I have to admit that everything was more than adequate. It is an older hotel, but they have updated it throughout the building, and the rooms are well kept, clean, and have the latest in ammenities. Check-in was swift and without any difficulties. The only draw back is that a breakfast is not offered as part of the stay, but there is a discounted rate at the onsite "Denny's". Overall, a very good stay and a place that I would recommend for anyone travelling with a family.

Room Tip: Ask for King or queen-sized beds if they're available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We Thank you for your response and we apprecite your comments. We do strive for 100% guest satisfaction and we continue to maintain our property daily to achieve that goal. We do offer packages that include breakfast. We apprecite your business and hope that the next time you are in Lumberton you will stay with us again.

Steven Arp/General Manager
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Basically we gave the hotel a call and asked if the coupon book we got from a rest stop had a valid coupon for the hotel we can use. The person we spoke to on the phone clarified that the coupon would be valid. Once we get to the hotel , the lady at the front desk got very rude and denied the coupon and instead was asking for a $110 night stay! She basically said we weren't able to use the coupon since we made a reservation. Coupons only work during the walk in. But the question is! Why didn't she inform us that when we called and asked about making a reservation and the coupon. Anyways, the lady in the front desk HORRIBLE customer service! Wouldn't recommend this hotel because of such rude staff!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank cvizcayno123
We do appreciate your taking the time to express your concern and we value you as a guest as we do all of our guest. Our deep discounted coupon is based upon availablity at the time of check-in. On the coupon it is stated: Must present this coupon at check in. Not Available when checking out. No other discount. Not vaid with groups. Special Restrictions may apply. Not always available. Thank you for chosing the Holiday Inn and we hope you will give us another in your future travels.
Steven Arp/General Manager
Plainville, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times when traveling from CT to Florida. Our room has always been clean and everyone has always been very friendly. We basically just sleep and go however on during our last stay I apparently dropped my credit card and din't realize it. A couple of weeks after I retuned home I recieved an email that my credit card had been reported missing and they were canceling my account. When I contacted the credit card company, unaware I had ever lost it, they told me that someone from the hotel found it and turned it in. I have to say really what are the chances of that! Someone could have easily picked it up and used my card. I thank the Holiday Inn Express and it employees. I will see you again in August!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We thank you for your comments.We work very hard daily on our guest needs and expectations. We try to exceede our guests expectations and make their experience a rememberable one.
Sincerely