“Reliable and convenient”

Holiday Inn Lumberton
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've driven to Florida several times during the past few years and have typically stayed at this hotel on the way home. I am doing the same exact trip next week and will be staying there again. The location is unbeatable - it is very conveniently located to I-95. There are several gas stations and dining choices nearby, so there's no need to stray too far away from the interstate. As for the rooms, they are nice and clean, though perhaps a bit bland in decor as compared to some newer Holiday Inns. I wouldn't vacation at this hotel by any means, but that's not what it is intended for. It is intended to be a nicer place to stay for a night during a long East Coast road trip. If this hotel fits in with your driving schedule during your East Coast drive, I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Book through a travel website to score a good deal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2012

A little dated, this facility was able to accommodate 50 bicyclists but is on a main/very busy street which makes it difficult to safely get in to. They were ready for all of us. Rooms clean & restaurant right on premises. Staff accommodating and knowledgeable of the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Hotel is right off of I-95 which is very convenient. Stopped here after being on road awhile. Staff was nice, hotel seemed to be clean but there was an odd odor when entering from one of the side entrances. There was a Denny's connected to the hotel which is convenient for those that want to grab a quick bite but there were plenty of other restaurants in the area as well. If I had to stay overnight again in this area, I would be fine with this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a last minute stop, unplanned after I ran out of steam after driving 14+ hrs on I95. The hotel was clean, it was fresh, it was a Godsend. Checkout time was not until noon and there was a Denny's attached which is open 24hrs.

I have nothing but good to say about it - If you are driving down the highway and need a clean, fresh place to lay your head - you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I had a lovely stay at the Holiday Inn in Lumberton on our way south. It is immediately off I-95, and could not be more convenient. At the same time, our stay was very quiet. The room seemed to have recently been updated, and it was most clean. The staff was helpful and courteous. My children loved the large outdoor pool (by hotel standards). Although we did not eat at the Denny's in the hotel, it seemed clean and nice. There were many other food options within walking distance, including an Outback Steakhouse, and a brand new Chick-Fil-A. The nearby Texas Steakhouse seemed to draw a large crowd. I was disappointed that there was no free breakfast, but it was not a big deal. I would certainly stay there again, and given the great rate I got from priceline, I most likely will!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was recommended when we stopped at the NC Visitors Center. She called to see if they were accepting the coupon in the hotel coupon book offered at the rest area. The response was yes and they had plenty of rooms available. When we got there, no, the rate listed in the coupon book was not being honored that day and they were almost booked. We stopped here around 2:30, so we were shocked. But the clerk on duty was very accomodating and found us a nice room on the first floor. The beds were very comfortable and the pool was perfect. Just what we needed after a day of driving.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We keep grabbing a hotel/motel coupon magazines at the rest stop when we cross into NC on I-95 going northbound and end up trying out a hotel/motel at this exit. This is the best one we've stopped at and will stay there again. We received a warm reception at 11 at night, and had a clean room and cozy bed, and a Dennys onsite to have breakfast at.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple