“Lowcountry meets the Lake”

Watersview Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Littleton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: NOTE - THE MENU LISTED BELOW IS NOT OUR CURRRENT MENU - WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE. Watersview Restaurant is Lake Gaston's Premiere Lakefront Dining Experience. We offer a wide range menu of steak, seafood, chicken and pasta dishes. We have weekly features with specially prepared meals from our culinary team lead by Chef Josh Davis. Our restaurant is located on Lake Gaston and every seat in our dining room offers a gorgeous view of the lake. We offer weekend entertainment. We have a spacious banquet room for private events.
Richmond VA
“Lowcountry meets the Lake”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family has yet to find something we don't like here, including the prices. Quickly becoming a local treasure, The Watersview has reinvented lake dining and put together an appealing menu with a strictly-Southern influence, and get this, a surprisingly upscale presentation. The $10 Economic Relief Menu is the best value on the lake. The steaks are prime, the burgers are great, the pasta and seafood good and the service is usually efficient (summer weekends can be a bit wild) and always friendly. This is a fun place loaded with families and locals. If you’re offended by a wait staff that calls you "hon" or "sugar", do us all a favor and curl up at home with a frozen Tombstone pizza

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mikeyinva

North Caroina
“Great views”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Watersview has a great view of Lake Gaston - we arrived right at sunset so it was spectacular. We were there on Sunday evening around 8:30pm...they were out of at least 10 menu items - waitress said it had been a busy weekend! They still had Shrimp & Grits which I heard was one of the best...and it was very good! My biggest complaint was that as soon as clock hit 9 pm - closing time - they were ready for us to go. Would not even bring me a bowl of macaroni and cheese. So that was disappointing but we'll try again.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still the best dinner option on the lake...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

...and while not the stellar menu it once had, the new Southern-style menu is filled with quite good comfort food served in quantities that make the higher-than-lake-average prices worthwhile. Service is always good - though it can get busy - and the outdoor view is fantastic, especially at sunset.

Steaks are top quality, the fried seafood is light and tasty, and the fried chicken is fantastic.

Visited July 2013
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“The secret to enjoying this place is to take a boat ride to the restaurant!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our visit to the Waters View restaurant was accomplished via our spending a weekend at Lake Gaston at a good friend's home that has waterfront property (and a boat). We made the trip to the restaurant by arriving via boat which allowed us ample opportunities to sample the sights and sounds of Lake Gaston. When you do it this way, the entire experience is amplified by several notches.

OK - so where do I begin. Alright - so there are a million restaurants out there, all vying for your palette and attention. Many fail at winning over your palette, but may offer something else to save your visiting experiences. You can fill in the blanks here as I'm sure that most of you may have visited various dining establishments, only to be let down by the cuisine, but somehow magically still enjoyed your visits due to other features or services of those locations.

And that is how it went for us at the Waters View Restaurant. So let me put this in perspective. We've had the experience of eating in hundreds of fine-dining establishments throughout North Carolina, so perhaps we're a bit spoiled and our palettes have been tempted by many really fine eateries. During the time that we visited the Waters View restaurant - which was the summer of 2012 - the food was average and nothing really to write home about. But it was the experience of the boat ride to the docks by the restaurant and the wonderful out to the lake views (the restaurant sits up high so you have a wide expanse view of the lake), that saved the entire experience and upgraded it to very good experience - thus 4 stars.

OK - so what about the food. Well, at the time we went it was standard fare, although there were a few items listed on the menu that seemingly held out hope - but alas, their preparation was below par. I started out my meal by ordering a Capri Salad, which if prepared correctly, can be a "knock your socks off" dish. The key is to use non-refrigerated (not cold) tomatoes, slide the mozzarella properly, add the right spices and fresh basel, and top it off with just the right type of balsamic Vinaigrette. Well, what arrived at the table were a half-dozen less-than-ripe, ice cold tomato slices (which ruined both the texture and taste of the tomato's), no seasoning - no basil, and just a small ready-made, store bought vinaigrette (7 seas maybe). I had to return this salad and told them to take it off my tab. The Hamburger that I ordered was OK - nothing special - but fine nevertheless. They asked me how I wanted it, I said Medium Rare, but it came well done and slightly dry, but tasty nevertheless. At that time I just left well enough alone and sat back, completed what I ordered and just enjoyed the view and locale.

So although the food was average and in some cases unsatisfactory, it was the overall experiences of the boat trip and view of this locale that made the trip a pleasant one for me.

Now from what I had gathered the Waters View Restaurant has gone through a complete shakeup of chefs, and some folks who have eaten there since have said that the food was greatly improved. Well, that's for you folks to decide. So if you're in that neck of the woods, at least give 'em a try. I know that the next time we're invited to spend a weekend at our friend's home at Lake Gaston, we'll make the trip to the restaurant again to check out the new menu (if there is a new menu). But if you know somebody that lives on the lake and has a boat (like good friends and/or relatives), hook up with them and take the boat ride up to the restaurant. I think you will thoroughly enjoy yourselves.

So, in any other situation I would have given this place 3 stars, but due to the facilities to handle boats and the views, I've upgraded my review to 4 stars.

Have a good trip and bon apetit.....

• Visited July 2012
Henrico, North Carolina
“Great spot”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Did the Sunday evening cost saver. Unfortunately, ran out of one of the popular entries (and we were there by 6). How can you be out of hamburger steak, but still make hamburgers.

Visited May 2013