“great place for motorcyclist riding the Blue Ridge Parkway”
Review of Switzerland Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Switzerland Inn
atlanta
“great place for motorcyclist riding the Blue Ridge Parkway”
Reviewed August 27, 2007

I wanted to share with motorcyclist and others of course a great place we discovered while riding the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. The Switzerland inn, In Little switzerland North Carolina.
We just sort of came upon the place as we rode north on the parkway out of the asheville area. As we rounded a big left hander there it was directley on the parkway. A large complex consisting of a real neat main lodge building that also
housed the restaurant, and bar area, plus many other smaller cottages and A-frames.
This place was very out of the ordinary as far as hotels go. when we first pulled in and inquired about room availability we were given several choices and shown the special area that you can park your motorcycle under cover. After choosing a very reasonably priced room with a view in the main lodge building we headed to the restaurant for dinner. This is the great part. Our stay just happened to be on friday night. Friday is Prime Rib and Seafood buffet night. These folks put out a spread of very high quality seafood that included all the good stuff. The selection included, crab legs, raw oysters, monster size cold shrimp, all kinds of seafood entres, salads, deserts and of course the prime rib. All of this was $28.00. In the Atlanta area all this would have set me back at least twice that price.
After we forced our selves away from the table we made our way to the great bar and lounge area. While sipping on a few cold ones we had a great time speaking with the other patrons. Most people we spoke to came in on motorcycles. I was told by the bartender that even the owner and his wife ride as well.
I am going to become a regular visitor as were most of the people we ran into while there.
To sum it all up, it is a great motorcycle destination that offers a cool place to stay, eat and drink right on the parkway. litterally you pull out of the parking lot and turn imediatley onto the parkway. I will be back as soon as time allows.

• Liked — The way relaxed setting and the food was great, also included free country style breakfast.
  • Disliked — cant really come up with a lot of negative aspects. great place overall
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GaCycleRider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
South Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2007

My recent stay at the Switzerland Inn was just what I needed. A relaxing get away from the everyday. The inn itself is quite lovely, with a lobby that feels like your home away from home. The staff was more than helpful when I had left my purse in the lobby and I of course was in a panic, they all searched to help me find it. Also, The food was excellent....try the adobe pork shanks and you will know what I mean. One more thing, and possibly my favorite. The gallery across the street was my weakness. They have the most wonderful handcrafted jewelry .Not just jewelry but also pottery, glass etc. I enjoyed it even more because the shop owner has the most adorable dog. I would visit Little Switzerland again in a minute as long as I could stay at the Switzerland Inn.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank travelgirl501
Dandridge TN.
Reviewed August 13, 2007

Hello to everyone looking for a peaceful beautiful place to stay. I found it in little Switzerland N.C at the Little Switzerland Inn. I have stayed here three times as of this month (August). The food is wonderful at the resturant and the wait staff are the best that I have found thus far in the south and any where else for that matter. Everyone always has a smile and they remember me when I go back the next day. Did I mention that I stay for a week at a time , the average of once a month now. The rooms are very comfortable and the housekeeping staff are excellent as well. I do wonder why everyone here smiles so much and so happy but after staying here you'll be one of the people walking aroung with a perment smile and you'll have the secret of that little piece of heaven that can only be found at the little Switzerland Inn in NC.
Cassandra Cloud Dunnell

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank Cassandra53
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I stayed at the inn on August 4, 2007 and the stay was just okay for the price. First, for $180/night, the following could be improved: Linens, cheap and no matress pad, so bottom sheet would not stay on bed. No glasses in room, only cheap plastic cups. Furniture and new flooring very cheap. Food is quite good, but service was terrible. No olives for martinis, long waits for service, rude service at the bar. Front desk help was uninterested in helping guests. Cheap salt and pepper shakers. Dinner utensils very cheap. Just a little more investment in guest amenities and this would be a very nice place. The location, however, is very nice and peaceful. I will not stay again, but this place might be okay for the non-discriminating guest.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor accomodations
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
10 Thank NCtraveller01
North Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2007

I had no idea what to expect. This place is in the middle of nowhere. Seriously if you drive to the absolute center of nowhere you will find this place. It is strange to see this Inn all dressed up like it's in the Swiss Alps. The rooms are very very basic. But it's clean and the food is good. It's a laid back kind of place (no surprise). I don't know why you would travel to the middle of nowhere but if you do this is where you will stay.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank sbccc
Ohio
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Our family just returned from a 3 night/2 day stay at the Little Switzerland Inn. We met extended family there and made use of their large sitting area in the lobby to congregate and visit with family from three different states.
It was our poor fortune to meet with fog and haze while we were there but having had to pay extra for a room with a "view" and not seeing one our entire stay was disappointing. The rooms, as stated by another reviewer are dated but I can live with that. I've visited "old" Switzerland and the hotels there are in worse condition than this.
What I found particularly offensive was several grouchy and unaccommodating desk staff. They complained about the noise level - which was kept to a minimal - and then kept one of our families awake at night with their loud talk in the lobby.
The old building has terrible noise absorption. We stayed in a room that adjoined another containing guests we didn't know. Their laughter and conversation kept me awake until 2:00 a.m. It was so clear I stuck my head out my door, thinking someone was just outside my door in the hallway.
The night air was cool and the staff often left the outside doors open, whether to let the smokey air out or the mountain air in, we weren't sure. A request to have a fire lit in the sitting area fireplace was met with a terse shake of the head.
On a positive note, the coffee in the lobby was great, as was the service in the dining room, contrary to the experience of another reviewer. The breakfast buffet that came with the room was always tasty, the hot food hot, and the wait staff friendly and accommodating.

Frieda Mast
Millersburg Oh

• Liked — The old world feel, the sitting area in the lodge
  • Disliked — The male desk staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank friedan
Asheville, NC
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I spent a night up at Little Switzerland in May with my wife expecting to have an up-to-date room for the price. The hotel is nice and the views are as well, but the rooms are a bit old fashioned. The beds are equivalent to the beds at Day's Inn. It was like they still had the original mattress on the bed. If you're looking for a blast from the 70s this is your place.

4 Thank andyctree
#1 of 1 in Glen Alpine
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Black Mountain

Been to Switzerland Inn? Share your experiences!