“Everything was perfect the room, the view, the food-absolutely everything!!!”
Review of Switzerland Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Switzerland Inn
Reviewed July 4, 2010

The Switzerland Inn is the greatest place I have ever stayed. We first checked in at the lobby -which had wonderful charm accompanied by a beautiful one in a million view of the mountains. Just when I thought the view could not get any better we checked into our room and the view there was awesome! The room was very large and had enough space for me, my husband and my two children. There were a lot of amenities there to keep us entertained including: a swimming pool, hot tubs, shuffle board and plenty of hiking trails. The restaurant is very delicious we ate there four times each time the food was superb. The menu offers a variety of choices that appealed to the whole family. Also, the staff was amazing in the lobby as well as the restaurant.

One of the greatest things about the Inn was the location. The temperature was ideal-not too hot not too cold creating a perfect summer vacation spot. Plus, the Inn is directly on the Blue Ridge Parkway and easily accessible. This has been the best vacation that our family has even been on. It is a can't miss destination. We will definitely be back for many years to come!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2010

We could not find the restaurant for a review (it is NOT the cafe) but wanted to post this for travelers going through the area on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Don't miss this place!! What a setting! This restaurant is part of the inn next to the very comfortable lobby. You can eat inside or outside with incredibe views of the mountains and grounds around the inn. A nice choice of food items for lunch and dinner and not horribly expensive. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The food and entire experience was excellent. This inn is located within 1/10 mile of the parkway. An easy return to your travels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I must echo all other commentors on the resort itself -- it is gorgeous; incredible views, peaceful setting, well-maintained grounds and a very charming lobby area. The staff were all pleasant and helpful but some were more service-oriented/experienced than others. The food in the restaurant was good but not remarkable and the ambience could be better - like having tablecloths at dinner. Our waiter was friendly and pleasant, but not as attentive as we would have liked (especially since it was a special-occasion dinner.) We were a little dismayed when he presented us with a sawed-off half loaf of their dinner bread; as though someone else had eaten half and we got the remainder. Other tables had received full loaves. The bartenders in the bar were great and mixed excellent drinks. It was nice to either sit indoors (and listen to the musician) or sit outside on the patio and enjoy the fresh air. The pool area was very pleasant and had a phenomenal view. The downside was there were no bathroom facilities anywhere near the pool, so that was very inconvenient. But the biggest downside we had was the unit we stayed in - it was EXTREMELY dark inside all day long, had horrible lighting which didn't help, and had a very very musty smell inside that never went away despite open windows and fans going. It may be very problematic for those with mold/mildew allergies. Because it was so dark and damp, it also had a proliferation of spiders. It had a kitchen unit which was very useful and the minimum of dishes, utensils, etc that made it very convenient for making meals if we didn't want to go out. But much of the furniture was extremely old and really should be retired (ala 1970's) - two old, heavyweight beat-up mismatched chairs and a scratched wooden kitchen table, same for the bedroom furniture. I have seen better quality/condition furniture at yard sales, so they really need to replace it. The living room furniture was newer, however, and was in much better condition. The mattress on the bed was comfortable but the lighting in the room was ridiculous - a tiny bulb-sized ceiling fixture with the switch on the far wall away from the door, and one of the over-the-bed lights had a broken shade which rendered it useless. I don't think it would take more than $500 to $1000 to fix up the unit with better lighting, remove musty carpet and put in linoleum/laminate flooring and get some updated furniture and it would be a real charmer. I really, really wanted to fall head-over-heels for the Switzerland Inn, and based on the resort's general amenities and location I did - but the problems with the unit we stayed in and the ho-hum meal put a damper on what could have been a wonderful love affair.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TwoTravelersToG... A
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed here one night with our two children in the Alpine Suites. Clean, comfortable room with view of the mountains. The kids enjoyed the pool and shuffleboard. We had a very nice dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and enjoyed browsing the shops. Right off the Blue Ridge Parkway and close to many local attractions.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2009

If you are traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC this is a friendly place and since it is right off the exit, easy to find. And when I say right off the exit I mean it. As you come off the Parkway you are all but in the parking lot. The hotel is rustic but the view I had of the Blue Ridge was impressive. The picture I took from the balcony in my room is one of the nicest from my vacation. The staff is very friendly and there are a couple of shops attached to the parking lot with some beautiful merchandise some of which is made locally. I had dinner in the restaurant attached to the hotel, The Chalet?, and the food was quite good. To top it off I got my coffee and an after dinner drink to go and had it by the fireplace in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Wow what a nice place to visit - Million dollar views - comfortable rooms - excellent food - and a friendly staff - looking forward to our next visit -AAA+

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Myself, my spouse, and 2 college-age kids stayed at this inn for 3 nights during the second weekend in October. My wife and myself have stayed at this inn many times over the last 25 years with and without kids and have never been disappointed. This is the first time we stayed in the lodge with a parking lot view which was OK. We prefer to stay in Alpine or Heidi but they have been remodeled to sleep only 2 people. Chanticleer is also great for larger families. The views are great as is the food in the restaurant. Breakfast is no longer included in the room rate but is still excellent. We did not try the prime rib and seafood buffet because we thought it was too expensive at $32 but their regular menu items were very good. The only complaint we have is the computer in the lobby didn't work because of viruses but nobody seemed to know how to fix the problem.
We will always look forward to going back to the Switzerland Inn for the views, food, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and probably most of all the peaceful time spent in the lobby with the fireplace.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
13 mi away
Carolina Country Inn
Carolina Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Burnsville

Been to Switzerland Inn? Share your experiences!