“Outstanding Vacation Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Switzerland Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Switzerland Inn
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Outstanding Vacation Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

My partner, Ronald and I had a wonderful stay at your inn. From the moment he made reservations, we were made to fill welcome. Our room was very clean, the bed confortable and the room was quiet, the staff was always friendly and helpful, the food was outstanding and artfully presented, the wait staff were attentive and of course the view is spectacular. We have already recommended your fine inn to many friends and we look forward to coming back again for rest and relaxation.

We really enjoyed meeting so many nice and friendly guests. They all seemed so relaxed and happy and I am sure much of that attitude came from your fine service. We always felt pampered.

We wish you continued success and thank you for making us feel special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Randall H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed one night in the main lodge while on a girl's weekend trip. The room was one of the 'dated' rooms (with wood paneling) but still very clean, well maintained and with all the standard comforts. The bathroom had been updated (super hot water). The only item I feel should be noted.. our room also had an exterior door to the outside parking area. This was excellent for unloading but some may prefer this access not be possible so you should inquire if so. Also, there was a side window(alongside the exterior door)that would have let serious light thru come morning had we not tapped into our surprisingly impressive window dressing skills and found a way to cover it.

This hotel is right off the Parkway so it's a super easy stop. The views from the lobby, pool, etc are beautiful.

We arrived late on a Friday night with no reservations and a pretty full parking area. There were different front desk staff at check-in/check-out; everyone we dealt with was helpful, friendly and hospitable. Since it was late, we had to have dinner in the bar; laid back atmosphere, excellent burgers!... I mean excellent.. like the best I've had in a good long while and I am a serious carnivore.

We loved this stop. I am sure it is great in summer but it was super neat to be there with the cold air outside, fireplace crackling inside and the cozy lobby to just hang out in and relax.

My only suggestion... sell the white diner-style mugs that were for use in the rooms! They would be the perfect memento.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here a couple of days ago while touring the Blue Ridge Parkway. I found this to be an excellent stay overall.

The Room:
Very clean, with plenty of charm. We stayed in Alpine 1, which had hard wood floors, a separate sitting area, and a great view. The only complaint I would have about this room, is the dead bolt didn't lock.

The restaurant:
I would say dinner(the kings cut prime rib) was excellent! In fact, not only was this the best meal I have ever had at a hotel restaurant, but one of the best I have had at ANY restaurant. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very nice and classic looking, with lots of wood. The breakfast, and the coffee left quite a bit to be desired though.

The Lobby:
Very nice, large, and with great views. There where lots of people hanging out, reading the paper, and they eve had these two large checker boards to play checkers on.

The Staff:
Everyone I ran into was very nice. From the bartender to the front desk clerk, I would give them 5 out of 5 stars.

The location:
Right off of the blue ridge parkway, and a short drive to Wal-Mart if you need something. The location is excellent. Nestled in amongst the trees, but close enough to civilization if you need something.

The Bar:
I went in here to order a sandwich. The bartender was very nice. The bar was filled with what seemed like lots of locals who knew each other, but everyone seemed very nice.

Summary:
I really liked this place! I would stay here again in an instant!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank markcas123
Beardstown, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I attended a Bose Conference at the Switzerland inn in 2008, it was amazing.
Little Switzerland is a must see town, atop of hill with a grand panoramic view.
The hotel is very ritzy, but not glitzy, the rooms were top notch, the staff, very friendly and helpful throughout the weekend.

We were provided with conference rooms for the discussions and live music, a lodge for a nighttime concert, and were waited on hand and foot during our time there.

Food there was excellent, with an array of chef prepared meals and boutique menu.
Would love to go back there sometime.

Room Tip: We were in the main lodge, rooms were excellent. Some of our colleagues stayed in the A-frame cabin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter V
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Switzerland Inn is located in a beautiful little spot right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. It provides great access to popular hiking spots such as Linville Falls, Grandfather Mountain and Cascade Falls among others. Rooms are comfortable and clean and the on site restaurant serves a great prime rib sandwich and spinach, egg and provolone breakfast sandwich in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were spending four days on the Blue Ridge Parkway and this hotel was recommended to us by friends. It was $20 more to get a room with a view, but well worth it. The rooms are not fancy, but they are large, with good-sized bathroom, and all amenities. It was nice to have the little porch to sit outside and enjoy the view in the evening.

Everyone was very nice and helpful with my questions. I do wish I had explored the eating options before ordering from the dinner menu to take to my room. The food was excellent - we had the salad plate and fried calamari. Both excellent.

Breakfast in the morning was very good and fairly reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Penny A
Bolivar, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a fabulous weekend wedding at the BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING Switzerland Inn and Chalet!! Whitney, the event coordinator was so wonderful to work with on all of the details and the staff were friendly and so helpful during what can sometimes be a crazy time! Everyone at Switzerland Inn made the wedding fun and relaxed while still keeping a classy and beautiful atmosphere! You all the BEST!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Glen Alpine
Super 8 Black Mountain
Super 8 Black Mountain
#4 of 4 in Black Mountain

Been to Switzerland Inn? Share your experiences!