“Peaceful Dining on the Blueridge Parkway”

Switzerland Cafe & General STR
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Fantastic spot for wonderful fresh food. This is a great place to take a nice respite from one's drive along the the Blue Ridge Parkway. The service is very friendly, the place is clean and as an added bonus the friendly owners have a neat place on the other side of the dining area where they sell trinkets, hats, breads etc.

1  Thank highwaytraveler161
There are newer reviews for Switzerland Cafe & General STR

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Switzerland Cafe' was fabulous to our group of 16 motorcycle riders. We did have to sit at a few different tables, but we were fine with this. Service was fast and food was good.

1  Thank PrtyGrl9014
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went there for lunch on a rainy day,,,lunch was good. their tomato basil soup is delicious. The trip from the Big Lynn Lodge is not for the feint at heart, if driving in high elevations bothers you.

1  Thank RC S
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here yesterday while traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway and what a surprising gem! From the outside, it looks nice enough, but just go ahead and have some food and you will love this place. We had lunch, with my wife ordering a berry bread, turkey with havarti cheese and dilled mayo. I had an incredible turkey panini with feta cheese and some flavoring that really made the sandwich a hit. They sound like simple, good old American sandwiches, but both were done with flair and flavor that made them stand out. Niether of us could remember the last time we both had such great lunch sandwiches.
The beer selections were large and well done. Wine was available as well. The beer selection included a good portion of the NC craft beers and were reasonably priced.
Dessert meant chowing down on a triple fudge chocolate cake, that was so good that my face broke out into a sweat.
After eating, we went down the stairs into the country store and while it was small, it had some really interesting items.
You could easily drive by this place and not stop to try it. Don't make that mistake!

1  Thank frank h
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a cute, cute little town off the Blue Ridge Parkway and the food at the cafe is delicious! I had a turkey, feta and pesto panini and I wish I had another right now! Very affordable - the bread is homemade and wonderful and the tomato basil soup was excellent. I can't say enough great things about this place - stop in!!!!

2  Thank Denise R