“Amazing!!!”
Review of Alpine Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Alpine Inn
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We spent 5 wonderful days here! The views are breathtaking and the Inn Keepers are great! We will certainly come back and stay here again! We saw an incredible sun rise every morning :) I enjoyed getting back to basics!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 31, 2012

WOW! Talk about varying reviews. I think this reflects understanding what you are staying here for. If you want some quality time with your significant other after viewing the scenery in the area without a 4 star cost or amenities, but a 5 star view, this is the place for you. Not all rooms have balconies, but they do have amazing views.

Don't expect heavenly beds, but we did get a good nights sleep. This is an old building, so expect some noise from above or next store, but it is a quaint building, with a great daytime view conveniently located off the Blue Ridge trail.

Can parking be possibly limited, yes given 100% occupancy and multiple cars per room.

The rooms don't have TV's, but we liked the social aspect of the group TV room. While you may not be able to pick the show, you do get the opportunity to visit with other visitors.

Get up early to take showers, as we found the hot water limited later in the morning.

You won't get this breakfast view anywhere! Yes, you do have to pay for the breakfast and yes you could get more somewhere else, but this is all about the view and the social aspect.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DGStravels
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Found this place by accident, a lucky accident. It was dark and foggy and I was so happy just to get off of the road. But it turned out I was glad it was this particular place. The hosts were very kind and you could tell they love serving people. The room was cute and the breakfast was healthy, generous and delicious. The sad part of my experience was that the fog never went away during my stay, so I never saw the view. But I'd love to return on a clear day, because I've never been in a more serene place. Each room has a balcony and so does the breakfast room.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank ILJE
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 17, 2012

What can I say...I expected more especially after knowing this was a B&B...I didn't expect to pay for breakfast...and on a cool morning hoped for something to warm the chilllng bones. The view was outstanding from our balcony.m though! I will say this Inn is very rustic, tiny shower, bath etc ... The bed sagged horribly and challenging to sleep at best. On our second morning we ate breakfast at another inn and it was great with view, hot, plentiful. Lack of phone reception and WiFi was poor. We even brought our own DVDs and player. No TV in rooms and challenging to adjust the temperature in the room with "cast" iron electric stove. We decided to leave early as I felt inconvenienced as those that wanted to watch the presidential debate carried more weight than what we would have preferred as there again were NO TVs in the room ...only in some common Room near the office. When asked for return of one nights stay they told me I needed a 3 day cancelation policy and took my money with no refund...not happy.
beware..they essentially took monies for a night I did not stay....We appreciated Ron giving us a room more adequate for our physical needs but still but the rooms are sparce, and I felt the owners efforts to be courteous were in a non courteous manner..I would expect a refund.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for...and I thought booking early would be better...tsk!! Caveat Emptor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank oldjunquer
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Worst place I've ever stayed. Over-priced cramped run-down ticky tacky rooms, vinyl floor covering hung on the bathroom walls. No TV! No TV! No TV! Breakfast costs extra and is a cold breakfast. Not enough barely-off-road parking spaces, most parking is on the shoulder of winding mountain road. This place preys on tourists and gives NC tourism a black eye!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank John_S49022
PORT HUENEME
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The view from our balcony took your breath away. Very rustic with European feel. The office is hilarious and must experience it. Only two things negative. The beds need to be replaced which another couple also mentioned and for the price breakfast should have been included.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank travelprin
NC
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent another restful week with Ron and Susan, as well as making the usual rounds to see people we have come to know in the area. There is nothing quite like sitting on the balcony snoozing in the sun and keeping an eye on the ever changing sky. Coming up here is always an adventure because we never know what new things we will find, and the fellow travelers we will meet. This is a great place to iron out the wrinkles in your soul.

Room Tip: Our favorite is the corner room, in particular, room 9.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Burnsville
Springmaid Mountain
Springmaid Mountain
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!