We stayed at the skyline one night on a planned trip to go snow tubing at Jonas ridge. This is not your normal chain hotel. It has alot of character, very unique. We stayed on the third floor, great view from the balcony of the mountains. Lots of neat woodwork in the hallways and rooms. The man who built the place put his name in stone in the foyer, John Greer. We had a good time reading the history of the place. The common area has a pool table and bar with gas fireplaces. We had the place to ourselves since it was off season, but John made sure we had some coffee made in the morning. We will definitely come back. Loved the quirkiness of the place, bed is comfy, balcony view is great (snowing in the morning), clean bathroom, small but worked for us. Oh yeah, the tubing was great fun at night, super fast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at Milepost 331 on the Blue Ridge Parkway, halfway between Asheville and Blowing Rock/ Boone. Just 25 miles north of Mt. Mitchell and 25 miles south of Grandfather Mountain. We are motorcycle friendly and, in fact we rent Dual Sport Motorcycles. We are also Pet friendly. We are perched high on top of the Blue Ridge adjacent to the Parkway and only 200 feet from the Parkway ramp at the NC226 exit. We have 16 affordable rooms with a balcony that runs the length of the building overlooking the Catawba Valley and surrounding mountains. We have covered motorcycle parking as well as ground floor access to all 3 floors. The building has been renovated with new plumbing, electrical and refinished red oak floors. There is some very unique wood paneling made from 22 varieties of native wood. We serve guests only in the restaurant with an excellent beer and wine selection for on and off premises. Our gift shop has some unique rocks, gems and minerals, jewelry and Diamondback NC226A souvenirs and T-shirts. We pride ourselves on customer focus and hospitality. Come see us at the Skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Skyline Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skyline Village Inn And Cavern Tavern
- Skyline Village Inn & Cavern Tavern Hotel Little Switzerland
- Skyline Village Hotel Cavern Tavern