“Great Mountain Visit”

Skyline Village Inn
Dothan, Alabama
“Great Mountain Visit”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great place in the mountains, just off Blue Ridge Parkway. I've stayed there approximately 5 times. Mike makes you feel at home. You check in on the first floor and park around back and come in on the third floor. You can sit out on the balcony and look at the mountains. Has a motorcycle shed and place to wash your cycle. There is a great supply of adult beverages on hand. And in these mountains there is a Walmart close by.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Don A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is located very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, with a great view from the balcony. The bathroom was clean, so were the linens. Downside: the walls are a little on the thin side, we could hear what the guy in the room across from ours was saying, and he was not shouting. We had dinner downstairs and we did not particularly enjoy it. Mike explained they were just getting started in the season and he had a big event planned for the weekend so he had not been able to stock the kitchen yet. We believed him and I think the other reviews confirm it. He more than made up for it with his friendly way and the information he gave us about North Carolina and many other things. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2012

...but you should expect clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, good food and amazing views!! Dinner our night there was all house made and they even had a band. Their location right off the parkway was easy to find and had the amazing views that we had seen all day on the Parkway. We had such a nice, relaxing time and can't wait to go back - thanks to everyone at the Skyline Village Inn!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate B
Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed here with my teenage daughter on the way to DC. Place is full of history, owners are full of kindness. Could not ask for a better time. You can spend more money somewhere else if you're not an especially social person, but for us, this was a perfect fit. Great stories, great people, great dogs, great breakfast. HIGHLY recommended for those who like truly good beer; come on Wednesday night for an even bigger selection. I will definitely be staying here again. I left DC early and came back here and felt like I was coming home. You just can't ask for more than that.

Room Tip: The view from the balcony is amazing.
1 Thank Hansfamily
Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Room Tip: Probably a little less road noise in the back, but then you would lose the great view and the noise...
Madison, Ohio
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My father and I took a motorcycle trip.. I was in charge of finding places to stay... We pulled into this place... and my dad looked at me... confused.. from the outside this place looks bad.. but inside is amazing... so much history.. rooms are simple but comfortable... the views from room are amazing... we got lucky and watched a storm go over the mountains that night.. the light show.. wow... the owner Mike is a great guy.... worth the nights stay... and have breakfast in the morning... great deal.. thanks Mike

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I visited Little Switzerland on 4 occasions taking my 3 grandchildren on vacation for mountain fun. We had balcony rooms that were clean and inviting (at least they were clean until 2 teenage boys took up residence in one of them) - the view was great to enjoy with morning coffee. Lynn and Mike were very friendly and gracious and went out of their way to help me plan outings with my grandchildren that I could do on a limited budget. The staff was accomodating and friendly. One of them found a lost digital camera and turned it in to Mike so we could claim it. On another occasion I attended a "murder mystery" night at the hotel with my daughter and we had a fabulous fun filled time. Yet another time my daughter and I took our 2 dogs on a trip to the hotel ( yes dog friendly) so we could do some mountain hiking with the dogs. I love the hotel and will return often.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine
Carolina Country Inn
Carolina Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Burnsville

Been to Skyline Village Inn? Share your experiences!