Skyline Village Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Switzerland Inn(Little Switzerland)
View Hotel
Pine Valley Motel(Spruce Pine)
Comfort Inn(Marion)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Inn At Glen Alpine(Glen Alpine)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe blue ridge parkwaycrab cakespecan piespruce pinethird floorview from the balconypool roomgem mininghome cooked breakfastbend over backwardsgreat ownersmotorcycle ridinglinville cavernsgreat mountaincovered motorcycle parkingrooms are cleanmodern hotel
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night during a 2 week drive down the parkway. I had stayed in some very good hotels etc along the way, however, the stay here was the highlight in terms of accommodation. The owners were very friendly and welcoming, the room was rustic and comfortable and the views were marvellous. The food was exceptional and great value and it was a delight to spend the evening sampling some unusual beers whilst chatting to Mike and his staff. Will definatly make a point of coming back to the skyline village inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank terry j
Reviewed November 12, 2011

My family and dog stayed at the Skyline Village Inn at the end of October 2011. Our double bed room was large, comfortable and nicely kept. The view from the balcony right outside our door was amazing.The staff from the beginning was kind and always going out of their way to help us out and make us feel at home. Shortly after we arrived we saw the owner and he made sure that we liked our room, which we did. Each morning at the continental breakfast he would come in and ask if we would like some waffles, and then he would go and prepare us some right then. After the two nights that we had booked, we decided that we wanted to stay one more night. Even with such short notice the staff went out of their way to find us another room and make us as comfortable as possible. We will gladly come back to this hotel again next time we are in Spruce Pine, North Carolina.

Room Tip: A double room with a balcony gives you a large room and an amazing view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda J
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Beautiful views from this quaint Inn. We had a wonderful time during the Murder Mystery weekend. Food was great. Loved the pumpkin waffles and the sweet potato soup so much.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kpl5314
Reviewed November 9, 2011

On our first trip up the Blue Ridge Parkway(from Cherokee), we didn't know what to expect. We didn't know the times it would take to get to each segment of our trip, or how the accomodations would be. We planned on driving from one end of North Carolina to the other in 3 days and driving back home on the 4th day, so I made reservations about 100 miles apart each day. This placed us in Spruce Pine on our 2nd day. My husband, I, and an older lady friend went along for the trip. We had trouble finding the Inn at first. It was right off the Parkway, but we missed it.
We had to call the owner, Mike, and be "lead in". It was dark when we arrived. The building is built of stone. As you enter, you see the front desk, and over to the side, a sort of retail liquor shop and a little gift shop. This was somewhat off-putting to our lady friend, a strict tee-totaler. My husband and I, however, were enthralled by the old fashioned feeling this placed evoked. It was late, and we were hungry, so, once we were checked in, we opted to stay for the dinner buffet that was offered. I have to say that it was just average, but Mike and his wife explained they were short of help at the moment, so we gave them the benefit of the doubt on this.
Our room was off the hallway, with a door the balcony. All rooms open onto the balcony. However, some rooms only have the one door,from the balcony. The room was like going back in time, with the wooden, creaky floors, and the quilt on the bed. It was quite large. There was only a shower in the bathroom, with the sink in the room. This, because the bathroom was small. There were pegs were on the wall for hanging clothing. My only complant is the mirror was so high I could not see into it to comb my hair. I am 5 ft. tall ,and it was placed there for a much taller person.
My highest praise goes to the quality of service. Mike and his wife did their very best to welcome all travelers and make us feel at home. If we needed anything, they were both quick to respond. Actually, this felt more like a bed and breakfast than an Inn.
I must say that the value was a little steep for the establishment. However, taking into account the fact that it was high season and this location was right off the parkway, maybe not.
This Inn was built in 1944, and is in an ongoing process of restoration. Mike has lots of information about it. I have to add, My husband and I are huge history buffs. This place was right up our alley.
One other thing--they accept pets, and Mike has a dog of his own. I wish I remembered his wife's name. She was such a hard worker, and so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that opens into the hallway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The Skyline Village Inn is rustic but not in a good way. We had a great view but that's about the only good thing I say. Our room was a tiny box with wood paneling. It would be charming if it were not for the cobwebs and musty smell. There was a ceiling fan that I had to run on high speed to keep the smell at bay. It needed to be aired out for about a month. There are small things that the owners could do to the room to make it better. Replace the chipped soap holder and dust for starts. I really hate giving bad reviews but this place was a real disapointment. The beer selection was great and the guy who checked us in was personable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple