“Great view with a great lunch”
Review of Chalet Restaurant

Chalet Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We took the scenic drive up the mountain and stopped for lunch. My husband had their lobster Louis sandwich and I had their three salad plate. Both were excellent. Our service was very good and the view from the terrace was terrific.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've been to The Switzerland Inn on prior occasions when I was a tour coach operator. First impressions last and last! You can arrive on 226A coming up the eastern slope of the mountain (best if you're on a motorcycle), or you can arrive via the beautiful Blue Ridge Pkwy (MP 334). I hope you get there on a clear day because you can see for miles and miles. This time we were on a motorcycle riding the parkway and we scheduled this as a lunch stop. It was clear, we got the view and ate lunch in the restaurant, but you can also dine on the patio overlooking the valley expanse below. We elected to have the grilled chicken salad with fresh seasonal fruit - delicious! There were many butterflies attending to their food source, at the butterfly bush. This establishment has been on the map for a long time. They would love to have you stop by.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

i recently visited the chalet for their seafood buffet and thought it was excellent. the prime rib especially was some of the best ive ever had. the wait staff was friendly efficient and accommodating! the bar was lively with people and music and i challeng you to find a better view. wonderful!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nothing that I would rave about, plain food service was ok, nothing special. I never have liked servers who talk too much. Spicy shrimp not impressed, cold shrimp with horseradish sauce does not make a spicy shrimp dish to me. Pot Roast was tasteless, meat was tender but the flavour was lacking, had to add salt and pepper for some flavour. This is a convenient restaurant if you are staying the night at the Hotel as it is all part of Switzerland Inn, so is the Fowl Play Pub. Personally I feel they need an overhaul sooner rather than later if they want to keep charging those prices.

1  Thank Kiwisammc
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I arranged for our families to meet for a celebratory dinner the night before our graduation from college. The menu included an infusion of local taste and delightful seafood that made us feel as if we were dining at an exquisite seafood restaurant on the coast. The service was excellent and the view was breathtaking. Everyone at the table was raving about the Manhattan clam chowder which preceded a delicious selection that included prime rib, salmon, mahi-mahi and oysters. Needless to say we were satisfied, but could still not turn down dessert. Carrot cake and key lime pie were the perfect ending to a mountain feast. We are looking forward to spreading the word about this hidden gem when we return home.