“Another outstanding visit....”

Linville Falls Campground RV Park & Cabins
Atlanta, Ga
“Another outstanding visit....”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just returned from our 4th visit for our family gathering at this location. Jim and Dot are wonderful people and excellent hosts. They are very helpful and welling to do their best to make your stay a pleasant one. Our family rents cabins, rv sites and campsites. We range in age from 7 to 78. Heading back next year for our 5th stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CBandRockDoctor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We called a week in advance and got three adjoining primitive campsites. When we arrived, we met the nicest, most laid-back camp hosts. Even though it rained the entire weekend, we had a really great time. The campsites are well-maintained with excellent drainage. The bathhouses are neat, clean and adequate. It is well-lit at night. It is a beautiful, secluded retreat. We would like to camp here again, but would like to try a cabin. They have primitive tent sites, rv sites, and cabins. very highly recommended. It is within a mile of the Blue Ridge Parkway, and within two miles of Linville Falls national park.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank NanceR329
Reviewed July 5, 2013

GPS took us to the wrong location trying to get here and got us lost. We then found it by accident while looking for just any campground to stay at for the night. Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner (I believe his name was Jim). He was super nice, very welcoming and gave great travel tips for the limited to do location. Restrooms were very clean as well as the camp sites. The weather was horrible and we were forced to shack up early for the night and left the following morning but I would definitely dare to say we will make a return trip one day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was a little hesitant upon arriving here. Although the owner is very nice, he has a lot of "hill billy charm" I don't mean that as an offense, he just seems like what I imagine hill folk to be. He was very soft spoken and easy to get along with, but was dressed in overalls.

The campground:
This campground is very clean. Although the owner seems very easy going, and soft spoken, you can tell the camp ground is managed with an almost OCD like attention to detail. I heard them up there cleaning the bathroom at like 10pm at night. They were very quit, speaking in whispers, using a soft red flash light as to not disturb the campers.

This campground is full service. Full laundry facilities, swing sets, tether ball, a pavilion with a fire place, available ice, etc. In fact, this campground has more to do than ANY campground we stayed at!

Atmosphere:
The campground is beautiful. There has been a lot of care taken to make the camping areas, unique little nooks of beauty nestled into an active forest. At 5:30 the wild life is so noisy, I had to close the camper windows to get more sleep.

The fire ring:
The fire ring is stone, nestled into the hill side.

The bathrooms:
Although very clean, the bathhouse is a little small with only one show stall I remember.

The town:
Not much to offer. We ended up driving to a local town to eat barbeque(sorry I can't remember the name)..

At the time we stayed, right after memorial day, the campground was pretty deserted. This was a great experience, and I would stay here again! Especially around the same time of year. This campground ended up being one of my favorite stays!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank markcas123
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 28, 2013

GPS does not work very well up in the mountains, so we had to stop to ask for directions. The campground was a little difficult to get around in in a car. But overall, the facilities were good. It was a very active family campground.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Indian Trail, NC
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed in site 37 which is in the primitive campsites. The campground is in a good location and you are definitely in the woods. At the time of my visit I had a 10x10 tent which didn't fit on the raised pad they had which was gravel. The sites where samll in my opinion same goes for the picnic table. It was also a little difficult getting into the site I had to back in but it was up hill with lose gravel/dirt and I only have a 2 wheel drive truck so i spun a bit it took me a few tries but I got in. The lady that checked me in was very nice and the time I visited which was summer the camp store had a good bit of stuff for sale also it wasn't too busy either. The bathhouse was decent it had hot water which is all ya need I guess. There is an Ingles grocery store about 14 miles away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff S
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This campsite was conveniently located minutes away from Linville Falls and Linville Caverns. The basic tent sites were pretty cramped as we could hear snoring from the tent nearby. We had electricity and water at our site although it was strange that the water pipe and the electric outlet were located right next to each other. We also had a small grill and a picnic table which just enough for the two of us. Nice fire pit made of rocks not the usual tire ring. Will probably try a different campsite next time as there seem to be several in the area.

Room Tip: If you can - try and stop by to look at the campsite before reserving as most of the sites are tiny