Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Linville Falls
See available hotels
View Hotel
Pine Valley Motel(Spruce Pine)
  • Pool
Skyline Village Inn(Little Switzerland)
Switzerland Inn(Little Switzerland)
Sugartop Resort(Banner Elk)
The Branches(Banner Elk)
  • Pool
All reviewsthere is no air conditioningthe blue ridge parkwayfire pityogurtbedroom cottagean awesome place to staygrandfather mountainboiled eggshanging basketswi fibreakfast roomking bedgreat visitbeautiful areabeautiful scenerycoffee makerthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We took a motorcycle trip from Florida to Boston this was one of our stops along the way. I was pleasantly surprised with our stay at the Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages. I have to say I was not expecting much when I booked it. I was just looking for a place to lay my head for the evening. The rooms, although very small, were quite nice. Very rustic but very comfortable. The bathroom was quite small but clean and functional. The bed was super comfortable with plenty of pillows. There was no A/C but with the two windows for ventilation and a ceiling fan it was very airy and comfortable. The grounds are very beautiful as well. The restaurant was no open due to it not being the high season yet. We did enjoy a nice breakfast in the breakfast room. They had bagels, flat bread, fruit, yogurt and juices. Will definitely book again if we go that way in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My family and I stayed one night in one of the guest rooms (#5). We checked in during the afternoon hours. You have to register at the restaurant, even though there is a building that says "office". I went up to the bar in the restaurant to pay and the room was $118 for Saturday night for two adults and two kids. I think a single bed room would have been around $87. I didn't ask about the cottages. There isn't any signage that states the rates, so you might want to call ahead. All of the staff was very friendly.

The room was very clean and smelled nice. And it looked like the bathroom was recently renovated so that was a welcome sight. We dropped off our stuff at the room then and toured the area, visited family and friends and didn't get back to the room till 9:30 pm. I tell you this detail because the restaurant closes at 9:00 pm and apparently the ice machine is in the restaurant. We were thirsty, and so I walked all around the facility in search of a soda machine, but there wasn't one. As others have stated, this place is out by itself and the nearest store is several miles away. Another surprise that night was that we couldn't get wi-fi in our room. They have wi-fi, but you have to either go outside or perhaps rent a room closer to the router which I suspect is in the restaurant.

The beds were comfortable and we liked the rustic decor of the whole place. They had a flat screen tv on a high shelf with Directv. There was not a channel guide pamphlet but I have Directv at home so I am familiar with the guide and the remote functions. The shower was powerful enough, and as I stated before, all was clean.

The next morning we walked around the various gardens and enjoyed petting someone's friendly cat. They do an excellent job with their flowers and scrubs at this place. I noticed that there was a stone fire pit behind the lodge. Lots of songbirds and an overall peaceful, tranquil environment.

We didn't get a chance to eat at their restaurant but others have posted positive reviews. We had already made plans for breakfast at Louise's restaurant and it was very tasty and the price was very inexpensive. I should note that there is a room called "the breakfast nook", where they offer juices, bagels, meal bars and yogurt that is complimentary, if you need a quick bite before heading out.

So there is a lot to love about this place! I think we would stay here again, but next time, to make our stay more comfortable, we will bring a cooler loaded with beverages, try to get a room with a hope for wi-fi, and either bring ice or grab some out of the restaurant before they close for the night. Those things might not be important to you, but they are for us!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed in the manor house. The house is great and has everything you may need during your stay. People are extremely friendly and will make sure you have a great stay. The house was clean and the decoration is also nice. Location is very nice as well and close to hiking trails. The only thing one may complain is that there are only two bathrooms, and about 12 persons can sleep in the manor house. We didn't have any problems with managing that. The restaurant is also very nice. Bottom line, it is an awesome place to stay!

Room Tip: Any room is nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wagtailCL
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We rented the entire facility for a weekend family reunion October 28 - 30. The staff was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the food was good. We will definitely be back for another visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

There are times when you want to get away from the modern, busy, crowded hotels around resorts. This place was just right for our day trip and to spend the night in a beautiful setting. There is just something nastalgic about spending time in an old landmark. This place was buit in 1937 and is a very convenient location, yet far enough away from crowds to provide a great atmosphere. The room we stayed in was #3. King bed, small color tv, shower, hair dryer, sufficient towels, soap, ironing board available in breakfast nook, continental breakfast (bagels, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, fruit filled fiber bars, orange juice, coffee...every thing you need). Moderate price. Now, it is rustic, and this is what I like. Has knotty pine board and batten walls and ceiling, newly renovated shower stall, electric wall heater, and alarm clock. Because of the original design, you can hear the people talking in the next room, etc. but hey, I think most of the people who stay here are considerate. The only negative thing I found was the little coffee maker in the room was not clean at all. I would not use it, they really need to add this to the list of room cleaning. Other than that, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and again. It is all non-smoking rooms and I like that! It is like having a small cabin of your own. We had supper at the restaurant which is part of the same property and they have excellent food! Someone mention no A/C. Not needed. This is not at all unusual in many homes in the higher elevations.

Room Tip: I don't think you would be disappointed with any one of them. Keep in mind this is a structure built in 1937. It is like small cabins attached to each other under one roof. Rustic but very nice and updated with facilities.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple