“The Perfect Package”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linville Falls
Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages
Morehead City, North Carolina
“The Perfect Package”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I can't say enough good about Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages. From my first phone call to check out, it was perfect! I took my daughter & sister to the lodge for a long weekend. The rooms were clean & cozy, the landscaping was immaculate, the staff was accommodating, the guests were quiet, pleasant & friendly, the restaurant was 50 ft from our room & their food was great. The list goes on & on. Seriously...I could find nothing wrong with the lodge and I consider myself picky. My hats off to the owners & staff.
PS - Check out the old pictures in the office & be sure to ask about the history of that property. It's quite interesting.
Kim Shirley

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank KimberlyS422

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hastings, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed here with adult children and their families in cabins about 5 years ago. We stayed in the lodge with two queen beds this time. There is no air conditioning but the lows were in the 60's and very comfortable. We went hiking and touring Mt. Mitchell, Blowing Rock , Moses H. Cone, Linville Falls. The flowers are beautiful, landscaping well kept. A Continental breakfast was offered: yogurt, bagels, oj. Louises is a short walk away (closed on Tuesday) and Spears Barbeque is owned by the same people. We tayed 3 days. The bathroom appeared newly rennovated. Our room was cleaned but you have to ask for more soap. They don't offer shampoo. I'm always prepared . Drop your key in a box when leaving! $110 a night is high but Blowing Rock motel was $160! We had Direct TV. There is no cell service or internet. You're in the mountains!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PatMann
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have been staying here for many many years, always off season, and always for either a long weekend or a full week. From my first visit, The Lodge became part of my annual calendar. The staff could not be more helpful, the property lovely no matter what time of year, and the constant upgrades are little surprises each time I return. The beds and pillows rival many high end hotels I've stayed in during business trips. The cottages are comfortable, quiet, roomy, and clean and began as very rustic in nature, but over the years have been constantly upgraded. The porches and outdoor common areas with fire pit and patio are fantastic for picnics, reading a good book, watching the wildlife, or just relaxing. The evenings are absolutely divine when joining other guests around the fire pit in the central area for tall tales, maybe some music (I've never been here when somebody didn't have a guitar or a banjo), talking about the days activities, or just enjoying the fire. The Lodge has truly become one of the most treasured spots for my husband and I to get away from the world, relax, hike, or head into Boone or Blowing Rock for shopping.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2010

This is a fabulous hotel with excellent rooms in a small village in the high country. The proprieter was very helpful and the attached restuarant for wonderful for dinner. The only pity was that we could only stay for one night. We would love to stay again and explore the area further.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
China Grove, NC
Reviewed September 27, 2010

When looking for a place to stay I researched on the Internet. I looked at the pictures and the website and was impressed. All I can say is that they had an excellent photographer who knew how to work the angles. It was one of the worst places I have stayed in a long time. By looking at the website I would expect a wonderful mountain view....our view was the back of the restaurant and the dumpster. YUCK!!!! Also, don't eat at the restaurant.......overpriced and the food was terrible!!!!! Wireless Internet...don't count on it. Cell Phone service...NOT! The website leads you to believe that Wiseman's View is close by...NOT...4 1/2 miles up a windy, rutty, dirt road.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nclightkeeper
brhuskins, Owner at Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
It is difficult to understand how our property could receive this review. We did not use a professional photographer for our website, in fact I took the photos myself. If these statements were true we could not have been in business for over 30 years with thousands of satisfied guests that return year after year. I have to wonder if this was a real guest.
Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I cannot say enough what a great time we had at this lovely little place. We booked a queen room (I was a little leery of the cottages based on the reviews and there weren't any available anyway), and we were pleasntly surprised at how nice it was. It appeared to be recently renovated, esp the bathroom, comfy beds with down comforters, clean wood floors, tasteful furnishings. Satellite TV was a nice surprise, though admittedly we hardly turned the TV on! The room smelled very clean and the surfaces were dusted. A few little bugs here and there but that was to be expected given the location. Our room (#9) was adjacent to a lovely sitting area. The onsite restaurant, Spears, had delicious food and huge portions. The grounds were well-maintained and very picturesque and it had a "family owned and operated" type feel to it, as if the staff who work there really care about the place. And speaking of staff, from the moment we got out of the car to check in, everyone was incredibly friendly, welcoming and informative, especially Wendy and Joey! The location is very convenient to the Falls, the Gorge, the Caverns and the Parkway and we felt it was a much more relaxing area to stay in than nearby Blowing Rock or Boone. All in all, we were looking for a quiet, romantic and relaxing weekend getaway in the mountains, and this place (and Linville in general) exceeded our expectations. Would definitely go back and recommend to others!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2010

We made our reservations based on other trip advisor reports, but with a little trepidation.. seemed like the best place there.

When we arrived, we found an adorable place! the rooms were clean and spacious, rustic with dark wood paneling, and the beds were heavenly. The bathrooms were modern, and the towels nice and fluffy. There is a shared "reading" room, complete with mini fridge, wine glasses, and books... we sat out on our porch each evening and read to the quiet mountain sounds.

The gardens are gorgeous, and the place is very well tended. All the staff we met were wonderful and friendly, and we were told if we needed anything, just to pop down the path to the managers house at any time!

the location is very convenient to the linville gorge, and grandfather mountain, both of which we hiked. Just across the parking lot is the restaurant, which served excellent ribs (and wine). They have an outdoor patio that we would have liked to enjoy, except the weather was a little chilly and drizzly.

Just down the road is Louise's rock house, where we had fabulous breakfasts every day.

My only complaint was the price, which I felt just a little steep for the area.. I hadn't bothered to ask before booking, but I still would have stayed there.

it's also easy to get to and easy to find, from Charlotte.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Marion
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South

Been to Linville Falls Lodge & Cottages? Share your experiences!