“Good value, great owners, good place to stay...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linville Falls
Parkview Lodge & Cabins
North Charleston, SC
“Good value, great owners, good place to stay...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Visited Linville Falls area on vacation this October. My first stay at Parkview Lodge was nice. I wanted a rustic and quaint room and this is what I received and enjoyed very much. No phone in the room (I hate those) so this was a plus for me. Very comfortable bed! Trucks passing by at night can be bothersome so I brought a fan along to help drown that out and was successful. My room was clean and had everything I needed and you can park right outside, making loading and unloading a snap. Very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, very good places to eat. The provided free breakfast was nice, served in a relaxed atmosphere. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: The cabin in behind the main building and likely a bit quieter at night. Rooms on the south end pro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Thomas E

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sullivans Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were a group of 8 bicyclists traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway, and wound up in Linville Falls one night at the Parkview Lodge. Convenient to the parkway, the hotel has been there a while - but the coolest thing is that Cindy offered to cook us dinner - saying "we know how to cook for bicyclists". And, that was very true - had a wonderful dinner of Salad, Lasagna, bread, and pie, with all but the pie homemade, and heirloom tomatoes in the salad. Before dinner, I enjoyed their pool - a welcome break from the heat of riding. They have beer and wine, and also fixed us a complimentary breakfast with quiche and french toast casserole - and did it early, so we could resume our ride. Sure, the place is older - but the beds were comfortable, and the hospitality was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank James H
Mt. Sidney, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

FIrst and important - The owners are the warmest possible. They are genuinely friendly and caring people and do bend over backwards to ensure that you have the best possible stay. I feel bad posting the following information, because I really did like the owners. I felt like they treated me as if I were family instead of a paying client. Their dog, Maggie May, met us at our door in the morning looking for a friendly pat.

That said, the first room we were put in had a very strong moldy stale smoke smell (it is a smoke-free facility). They apologized profusely and offered other options including one of the cabins. We ended up taking keys for two other rooms and settled on one. The second room also had a smokey smell. The third was much better - no smokey smell. The owners said that they'd just had a big group stay there as they competed in the Highland Games and that some of them must have smoked. The lighting in all the rooms was poor - low wattage bulbs made the rooms dreary. All the carpets we saw were badly stained. The beds were fairly comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean. All the furnishing is aged and not very well dusted. The one A/C filter I looked at was extremely dirty and it looked like the unit hadn't been vacuumed/cleaned in a good long time. The shrubbery needs to be tamed.

I will not stay here again, though I'd love to stop by and talk for a few minutes with the owners because they are really nice folks trying to do the best for their customers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Wingsnsails

Travelers are raving about these Linville Falls hotels

Buchanan, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

The owners of this motel were very friendly and helpful. However, we expected a better place after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. It needs some work such as airing out the rooms(smelled old and musty), trimming the shrubbery and general sprucing up to make more appealing. We were the only ones there. The outdoor pool looked nice and well-maintained. The road was very busy with trucks and cars going back and forth. Luckily I wear two hearing aids so could take them out. My hubby wore his earplugs. With some general maintenance and cleaning this motel could receive a higher rating in the future. Take into consideration that restaurants are few in the small town or drive to Little Switzerland for a fantastic meal at the Chalet Restaurant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marilyn M
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is no frills for sure, but it is family owned and operated and has some unique, charming attributes. The rooms are cozy. This is an old, cement block structure, maybe 15 or so units, some cabins in the back. The edges may be frayed, but the beds are comfortable. There's hot water in the shower. There's a nice little heated pool, and breakfast in the morning. The office has a decent selection of cold beer and wine. I would have paid a little more for WiFi internet, because my phone (Sprint) had no service. We would absolutely come back (and plan to in the fall).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Holland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway made this a convenient stop for a one night's lodging. It's location however was not convenient for meals in November as close restaurants were closed for the season. The room was clean, comfortable, and warm on a 30 degree night with little need for runnning the heat less than an hour after we arrived. Friendly host and the breakfast was a delicious quiche, juice, cereal, coffeecake, and fruit. A well run family operation at a very reasonalbe rate.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a high end stay, this won't satisfy you.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bikingfarmer
Charlotte, nc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

This past weekend was our third stay. The location is great-just off the Blue Ridge Parkway near Linville Falls and other beautiful places. If you want fancy, go somewhere else. This place is less expensive than other motels in the area. It's a Mom&Pop, no-frills kind of place but it's clean and comfortable. The owners are friendly and very hospitable. We will be back again when we need a getaway and don't want to spend a lot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 5 in Marion

Been to Parkview Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!