“Good home cooking!”

Tartan Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Linville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, Texas
“Good home cooking!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

It was raining we were going by grandfather mountain and found this home style cooking with real hot chocolate great coffee and lunch was great! Hamburgers, Philly cheese sandwich, wonderful grilled cheese, potato boat and stuffed jalapenos all great! Warm hospitality!

Istanbul, Turkey
“Good, but not phenomenal food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stopped here in the fall on a drive from Boone to Asheville, one of the few restaurants open in the area on a Sunday morning. I had standard southern diner fare - eggs, grits, toast which were okay and country ham, which was especially good. The coffee was so-so but the very attentive server kept my cup filled. Not a lot of appealing healthy fare options; this is an old school diner. Perfectly fine if you're in the area and in the mood for filling comfort food but I wouldn't go out of my way to seek it out. The service was quite good though.

• Visited October 2012
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Delicious food, great friendly service and we were there close to closing. The only bad thing is they close at 2pm. Had they been open for supper we would have gone back.

Visited December 2012
“Great...if the wait staff knows you!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on our way from Linville Cavern to Grandfather Mountain. The place has a nice small town feel. However, the servers seem to be extremely friendly to the locals they know, but treated us like we were inconveniencing them by being there! I didn't even know the lady was trying to seat us because she didn't say a word when she walked over to us. We waited a good 15 minutes before she stopped talking to people to take the drink order. We waited again for our check for quite a while. The food was good, though.

Athens, Georgia
“Well it's like this...”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Okay, my mom loves this place, so it's hard to get out of going to breakfast here. I USED to love their french toast, after all it's french toast, take an egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and cream/milk and mix and dip bread in and cook. Not anymore. I was told they changed it cause some guy told the owner it was better to leave out the cinnamon all together and now you get a container with cinnamon. First of all, that much cinnamon if inhaled can hurt you. Second of all, how is that even french toast? I have to argue with the cook to make it special for me, the way it is supposed to be made. Bring back the REAL french toast and do what your good at! Not what one customer thinks, but many. Alot of my friends don't eat here anymore because of it. Last time I also got scrambled eggs and biscuit gravy. The eggs were not cooked and were still raw in areas as if rushed and and gravy was cold. Please go back to the way you had it before because this way is not working for you.
Also the past few times I was in there, I saw photography, which I have no problem with being a photographer myself, but photos from Italy in a Scottish themed restaurant? Not a good move there guys! The place also needs a real cleaning and updates, the colors are out of place and the scottish theme stuff you have in there are really outdated. Be nice to see some new stuff inside!

Visited September 2012