“Seafood buffet! Fantastic flavors not worth the money”

The Eseeola Lodge Dining Room
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Linville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: HWY 221
Description: Our Dining Room is located in the historic Eseeola Lodge in the heart of Linville, NC. Chestnut-bark surrounds the Lodge exterior and porte-cochere, which leads to the Lodge lobby and living room. Guests enjoy the pristinely manicured gardens and interior while enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail or glass of wine from Eseeola"s full bar. Live piano music fills the environs Friday-Wednesday evenings…the Seafood Buffet takes center stage every Thursday evening. Hearty breakfasts and elegant dinners are served daily in The Eseeola Lodge Dining Room. Reservations and appropriate dress are required for each meal. We look forward to providing exquisite service and a memorable experience at Eseeola.
“Seafood buffet! Fantastic flavors not worth the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I've heard about how great the seafood buffet was for years and decided to go for a anniversary dinner. The atmosphere was great. Service was spot on. The presentation of the food was first class and the different flavors were fantastic. I did wish they had more hot foods. The lobster tails were cold and so was the crab meat. They only offered four hot dishes which were ok. the desserts were fantastic! I knew it was going to be pricey and I don't mind spending a lot of money on great food but I was expecting more hot selections for the price. It's around $80 a person with just water. Maybe it's just being in the mountains and to have fresh seafood is exspensive. Two weeks ago we ate at a seafood buffet in Clearwater Fl. Which had all the fresh hot dishes one would want and it was only $24 a person. I would have paid $80 for that. Eseeola was very nice and I do recommend trying it but it's going to be a one time visit for us.

• Visited October 2012

Jacksonville, Florida
“Seafood Buffet Was DIsappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Please see my comments about the Thursday night seafood buffet in my review of the Esseola Lodge The presentation was wondrous, the food insipid.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank rolftowe
Boone, North Carolina
“What Arew You Doing Thursday Night? Try the SEAFOOD BUFFET at Eseeola Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well, we have wanted to go to the locally famous Seafood Buffet at the 120 year old Eseeola Lodge (though the original burned) in Linville NC for YEARS. And we finally made it! Now, I am sad that we waited so long. I usually eat light, but not this night. Perhaps knowing I had to eat $62 worth of food whetted my appetite, or perhaps just the vast array of foods was to blame. But for the first time in my life i think I got my monies worth at an all you can eat buffet. And my husband got twice that!
I started with the fresh crab meat (how on earth they transported this beautiful FRESH Crab Meat to the mountains, I 'll never know!). There was a mountain of crab meat. There was sushi, plump shrimp, and the most tender lobster tails i have ever consumed and that includes fresh caught tails in the Florida Keys. There was an abundance of fresh sliced fruit of every variety.
Huge Bowls of Chicken salad and seafood salad anchored the feat at one end of the seafood table. At the "meats" table, there was tender Prime Rib fresh cut to order, the most tender fresh white Halibut I have ever tasted (I'd go back just for that) and pate and some sort of pork i had no room for. Now most importantly the DESSERT TABLE held at least 20 different intriguing deserts spread around a tower of Chocolate Covered Cream Filled Cream Puffs. One of us had the Pavlova, the others had Key Lie Pie, Chocolate cake (which was not the best of the deserts) pecan pie, carrot cake and various pies. I think I got my monies worth on the third trip to the desert table. After dinner we meandered around the Lodge and the beautifully landscaped grounds. It's like stepping back in time. The history of the Lodge, the grounds and Linville herself. A wonderful experience to be sure. $62 per person. Tax and gratuity are added. Soft drinks are a bargain at just $2.50 each. The wine list though not extensive, is adequate and priced well. The wait staff are local and well trained and just delightful!

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank irish17020
Boone, North Carolina
“Expensive, lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Beaufiful place and gardens, food is fantastic. Very expensive and tip is included.

1 Thank VCResident
Bakersville, North Carolina
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Wonderful food, beautiful, simple decor, great servers, all you could ask for.

Visited June 2012