“Hometown feel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lincolnton
Durham, North Carolina
“Hometown feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

A great hotel in a small town. I enjoyed a 3 night stay and my expectations of a new hotel run well with a pleasant staff were exceeded. Fran, the GM, was active on the front desk and the breakfast area. Not just working, but greeting the guests and asking about their stay. I travel often for work and appreciate a manager that is not afraid to help their staff and be seen by the guests.

Room Tip: No bad rooms, just different views. One side has an auto dealership, the other side has a view of a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michael G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Lincolnton Hampton Inn on appx 4 separate trips. Most Hampton Inns are consistent & good choices - this Hampton hits it out of the park. It is a new hotel - it is clear they have a very high standard, & intend to keep it that way.

Everything in the room was spotless, linens were great & the beds were made perfectly.
Breakfast offers many choices, & everything is kept fresh & hot, whether you're there at 7am or 9:45am.
Overall, fantastic experience. Staff is friendly & attentive. I've been there weekends & weekdays, have never encountered a rude person. My impression is if there was a staff issue, it would be addressed immediately. I hope anyone who gave a poor review notified management of their experience.

I'm thrilled a hotel like this is available in the Lincolnton area - there are so many activities, historical places, events around. My only issue is this is now the standard I expect.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank trueNCheel
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The hotel is new and very nice. The front desk crew was very nice. HOWEVER THEY DO NOT FOLLOW THE STANDARDS OF OTHER HAMPTONS. The breakfast we had to wait 20 min for each day we were there. The woman over that area was rude and incompetent. All the way down to something as simple as having coffee and cookies. This hotel needs to get it together! New is one thing but incompetent is another.

Room Tip: King room is great not enough pillows.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cherokee, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

All I can say is "spoiled rotten !!!"---this is the best of the best in service and comfort. From the beautiful lobby to the over-sized comfortable rooms. Every amenity you would expect from this hotel chain and more. Great assortment for a hot breakfast that is kept plentiful with attendants close at hand for assistance. I would suggest this as the only place to stay while in Lincolnton. Book now for the September Apple Festival as these rooms will go fast !!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wolf19752
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

As many other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is newly built as of 2012 and as expected the rooms and grounds are extremely clean and well kept. The quality of the hotel and staff would hold up to standards of big cities setting it far apart from its competition in Lincolnton. It is convenient to both the highway and several restaurants. The breakfast is excellent and they have a small but adequate exercise facility. I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel and having stayed at others in Lincolnton and Gastonia several times I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I haven't noticed road noise to be an issue in any of the rooms I've stayed in as it is set...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tyhoward
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was so happy to find this wonderful and clean hotel. My husband and I were in town for a quick trip to visit family. Cindy was wonderful. She is an asset to your property. She was so friendly and helpful. I can't say anything bad about this hotel! The beds were great. The breakfast was great. Best of all, the place was CLEAN. We will be staying here on any return trip to visit my brother and his family. Loved the no pet..no smoking room we had!

Room Tip: We were in Room 205 and it was very quiet. It is on the quieter side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank unclefaye
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have family in Lincolnton and heard they were getting a Hampton Inn, I was shocked to see the beautiful hotel when I arrived. It was so nice to be able to stay close by my family instead of having to drive to a nearby city 30 minutes away. I was completely astounded, the service from the staff, the breakfast and the breakfast lady, even the housekeepers I ran into during my stay were so friendly and caring. Our family was making some very difficult decisions during my stay and this entire staff made my time so much more welcoming. I will tell everyone I know and all my family about this wonderful addition to Lincolnton. Thank you so much to the people that decided to build there.

Room Tip: I think every floor is perfect. I couldn't find a bad side!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank l h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnton
Comfort Inn
Hampton Inn Hickory
Hampton Inn Hickory
#1 of 13 in Hickory
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain

Been to Hampton Inn Lincolnton? Share your experiences!