TripAdvisor

Reviewed September 7, 2019
ArmyVetWilliams
Sanford, North Carolina
via mobile

All reviews loop trail the cape fear river fish wrap campbell creek great hike maintained trails visitor center wear good shoes great exercise rolling hills short hike spend an afternoon great place to visit hikers visitors cliffs leash
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2019

This is a great park to spend an afternoon. The trails are pretty well maintained though I would not recommend a stroller. One can hike up to 10 miles in the park. There are restrooms near one of the campgrounds, several places to deposit garbage, and the staff at the visitor center are very helpful. I like to go early morning to see deer. If the river is not too high, one can walk out to the fish traps and cool their feet in the Cape Fear. This park also hosts weekend activities for young and old alike.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

It’s a beautiful trail but I was a little taken back when on if the trails led to some caution tape around a few trees... I thought maybe a tree had fallen somewhere.... until I saw the sign that a cemetery was being put there... and you can see Two headstones literally feet from the trail... it made me think of hiking thru a cemetery... hard no for me. Before that, the lake was beautiful and we were searching for the waterfall.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank ArmyVetWilliams
Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

This park is a must see if in the area with tranquility trails to walk, beautiful nature to see, pavilions to have a party and so much more!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 30, 2019 via mobile

Had a great time walking/hiking to the Raven Rock. You will need to climb down and up stairs to get to the rock. The park is dog friendly.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank J6490BKkarenm
Reviewed June 24, 2019 via mobile

We went to Hampton thinking we was going to enjoy the watermelon festival but ending up missing everything because it started early that morning, we didn’t arrive until 3:00 pm. So we just left to go and find a nice restaurant to eat at. We rode around until we passed a building that had looked like it was abandoned, turning around was the best decision we made. The food was fresh and worth the money we spent.

Date of experience: June 2019