“Friendly and accomodating staff!”

Cape Fear River Adventures, LLC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer kayak, canoe, SUP (stand-up paddleboards), and river tubing trips for your self-guided pleasure on the breathtakingly beautiful Cape Fear River. We are just a short drive from Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, and their surrounding areas. The Cape Fear River offers Class I and II+ rapids for experienced paddlers and novices alike. We have friendly & knowledgeable staff ready to assist you if you have any questions about what we do. Please give us a call or shoot us an email for more information on your next outdoor adventure!
“Friendly and accomodating staff!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had a great day on the river with my wife. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about their business. The prices are also very affordable. I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Closer than the mountains, better than the beach”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

* Reasonably Priced
* Friendly, Knowledgeable Staff
* Fantastic Day Trip for paddlers of any skill level

My wife and I went made a reservation to take a tandem kayak on the 10 mile down river float over Memorial Day weekend, but unfortunately the water levels on the river were too high. The company's website has a useful link to let you know when this is going to be an issue. They easily accommodated our trip for the next weekend instead.

Upon arrival we found the staff to be helpful, knowledgeable and informative. Despite a constant flow of customers we received personal instruction about the course of the river, along with kayaking fundamentals and safety. Having kayaked on open water before, I found the instruction to be tailored to my personal level of experience.

The trip down to Erwin was fantastic! We found several places to stop and rest in the shade along the way, and the rapids provided excitement, but were well within the range of our beginner/novice skills. The landing spot is easily identifiable (don't pass the bridge!), and we had no trouble making it ten miles in 4 1/2 hours even with a low current. The pick-up van even arrived a little early, so we easily kept our schedule to get home.

With the mountains and beach several hours from our home in either direction, it's usually difficult to find satisfying outdoor activities suitable for a day trip from the sandhills region. This is an excellent place to go and an easy drive from Fayetteville or Pinehurst. You'll be home in time for dinner.

Visited June 2013
“Peaceful, relaxing, beautiful spot!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Had an awesome day today kayaking for a birthday celebration. Everyone was really friendly and we had such a nice time on the peaceful river. Enjoyed some great wildlife too! A perfect way to spend the afternoon!

Visited April 2013
Cameron, North Carolina, United States
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is AWESOME! Just wanted to say thank you to Ilia for all the help last Saturday! It was me and my brothers first time kayaking. Ilia showed us everything from entering and exiting the kayak to paddling techniques to what to do if you do flip. Which thankfully we didn't! I highly recommend the leisure paddle for beginners. We paddled about an hour and 15 mins up river ( Yes up river the currents are not bad and this was extremely easier than i thought it was gonna be) and then back down to where we began. They offer military discounts as well which was great! Again thanks for all the help! My brother and I look forward to returning very soon to take on the next course!
John

Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Definitely an Adventure!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are looking for an adventure, this is definitely the place to go! I decided to plan a father-daughter kayaking trip one weekend and stumbled across Megan and Ilia's website. This was my first time planning such a trip and Megan was a huge help; she answered all of my emails and helped me chose the right trip, their eponymous Cape Fear Adventure. My dad and I had never really experienced river rapids before but when we got there Ilia walked us through each stage of the river. The first half was pleasant and calm, plenty of blue herons stalking about and turtles basking on logs. After that there were a few rocks to dodge, and then the river picked up speed. The rapids were a lot of fun, but we got really wet and by the time we got out we were soaked, tired, and grinning from ear to ear. It was definitely a good time, and I am very glad to have met Megan, Ilia, and their daughter- they are all very nice and extremely helpful! I would definitely come back!

Visited March 2013
megsena, Owner at Cape Fear River Adventures, LLC, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hi there Megan!
It was such a pleasure meeting you and your dad that weekend! We couldn't be more pleased that you both enjoyed your Cape Fear River Adventure :-) We do hope to see you both back again soon...!
Megan