“See food, Eat it”
Review of Cap'n Steven's Seafood Restrnt - CLOSED

Cap'n Steven's Seafood Restrnt
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 2, 2011

A short drive from downtown Lexington, NC, is rewarded by a good dinner at a reasonable price. A choice of broiled or fried seafood is supplemented for landlubbers. Large portions for the price are reduced further with a senior menu and daily specials. The decor is modest, but the service was friendly and attentive, Fried catfish and oysters were delicious.

1  Thank grggrr

Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I and our friends have eaten here (Hwy 150 location) for many many years and have loved it, that is, until recently. The food used to be excellent, but lately, not so good. We noticed that the size of the plates have gotten smaller, so portion sizes are smaller too, even the baked potatoes.

Of course like others, prices have gone up. The value for the money is not so good. Service is average. We have experienced a decline in food quality as well. For example, on Sundays the special of the day is popcorn shrimp. It arrives cool and somewhat chewy as if it has set under a heat lamp for a while.

So sad to see that the parking lot is not full like it used to be. We are shopping around for a new favorite seafood restaurant. We certainly hope quality and value improves because we don’t want to give up this dearly loved eating place.

5  Thank NCjoyful
Reviewed October 27, 2009

My husband and I have eaten here for many years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is consistently great, and the waitresses are friendly. We dined there Sunday afternoon and together had fried oysters, scallops, shrimp, and boiled shrimp. I tried the vegetable option over the slaw and was very pleased. I chose the country blend of peas, carrots, corn, and green bean and found it to be cooked just right. The other choice is the California Blend with broccoli and caulifower. They still use real baking potatoes which is a big deal to me. Most other restaurants have switched to cheaper russetts or whatever they are and they are mushy and bland. The slaw ranks high in flavor too, and tastes like real mayo, not the really awful "slaw dressing" other restaurants now use. They serve both red and white slaw. The seafood was fresh and hot. They offer weekday specials. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank NCjoyful