“Awesome Southern Food!”

Southern Lunch Catering
Ranked #12 of 122 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed November 17, 2013

You must make the detour to stop here on your way through North Carolina! It was the perfect Sunday lunch stop. We waited outside under a tent in plastic chairs for about 10 minutes, and it was well worth the wait. We appreciate all of the previous reviewers who made sure this #1 rated restaurant got our attention. Our waitress could not have been more helpful, pleasant or fun. She led us towards the right selections, encouraged us to try a variety of entrees and side dishes. We loved everyone of them, but most especially the chicken pie, the mashed potatoes, the whitefish, the macaroni and cheese, the CORNBREAD, and the Hersey chocolate cake. Yumm. We'll be back next time we are passing through.

1  Thank susanlst
There are newer reviews for Southern Lunch Catering

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Camping in area and drove into town for lunch, and to check out the area.
what a wonderful surprise! Off the Main street and not an outstanding building...but the food and service is. Had the red fish special and it was grilled to perfection. Flakey and moist. A huge portion too. Best pricing too. The service was exceptional. We will go back before
we leave the area.

1  Thank Photog1955
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my second review of this restaurant. I have been here several times since my first visit and I love it!! The grilled chicken and white fish are both AMAZING! The broccoli casserole is my absolute favorite, along with the squash casserole. The cornbread is awesome... I really can't speak enough about this restaurant. I don't know how I didn't know about it for so long, but you really need to try it if you are in Lexington!

1  Thank Bluedog1623
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Southern Lunch is an institution in the town of Lexington. Any meal of the day ( breakfast,lunch or dinner) is great. Comfort food at its finest!

1  Thank SHarveyNC
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Have been eating at Southern Lunch for years. It's a family owned business and they treat their customers as family! The waitresses are always so kind and make sure you have a pleasant experience. The food is just good old home-cooking and you cannot beat it! We eat there often and love breakfast, lunch & dinner there.

1  Thank Deana D