“Best BBQ and Hot Dogs EVER!!”

Lexington Style Trimmings
Ranked #39 of 125 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I grew up in Lexington, NC and I know my BBQ and hot dogs. Although I have been away for over 45 years, I still make it a point to get home to visit my siblings frequently. We make LST the first stop on my visits. I have "imported" the BBQ to VA, FL, MO and other cities in NC. My grandchildren from VA (as well as my children) insist on a visit every time they are in town. The classic hot dog is served with chili, onions, "red" slaw (BBQ slaw with NO mayo) and mustard. Soft buns and it is pure Nirvana. Their BBQ is the best in this BBQ Capital of the World, and I always have at least 1 chopped sandwich. Mere words cannot describe the food here, and the atmosphere is the classic small town restaurant. The service is quick, friendly and accurate. The prices are amazing. If BBQ or hot dogs are not your thing, the burgers, chicken salad and desserts are well worth the trip. Take exit 94 off I-85 and be prepared for the meal of a lifetime.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

For the past seven years- I go there from out of town- once a year- just before Christmas- ordering the slaw and BBQ sauce for my family's Christmas dinner as well as extra on my return back to Georgia. Not the most inexpensive- but quality is always dependable to be excellent and they always accommodate my need to package the goods for the long trip. And there main course offerings of sandwiches and BBQ is tops. For those in search of that backwater location with the BBQ to die for- this place should be on your list. Very laid back and friendly place to visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just about 1mile west of I-85S mm94 Bridgett and her husband have a great little place! She and her staff are the friendliest I've EVER experienced. On my very first visit (on recommendation from a friend- who was pointed there by legendary NASCAR pit crewman Chocolate Myers) I was very impressed. We had fine Lexington style BBQ and prompt service.
Somehow the subject of my upcoming birthday entered the conversation and Bridgett ended up putting my name on their calendar behind the register. (first time in the door mind you) Well, a couple of weeks later on my birthday when my wife and I open the door Bridgett shouts my name and Happy Birthday!! Everyone in the restaurant turned to see who this celebrity was. I was blown away. I relay this as I've been a regular at many restaurants for years and they barely recognize me and certainly don't know my name.
Back to the food. They have hushpuppies with a hint of sugar, burgers and dogs of course and daily specials as well like BBQ chicken. Tuesday's all meat chicken pie for example is quite good. Plus take-out is quick. I've stopped in to pick up dinner and been in and out in less than 7 minutes! With no call in. Curb service, yep, just drive up and toot the horn, they'll come right out.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I know this is a bbq/ hamburger place, but the chicken pie is super. A great crust with lots of chicken inside. They also make a great bbq sauce that you can purchase to use at home on everything. I wonderful spot to eat. added bonus: curb service!

1  Thank amosrus
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The best food best BBQ in town giiiiiiiiirl it be some goooooooooood food