“Love the Vinegar Based Sauce Bought 4 Pints to Take Home”
Review of Lexington Barbecue

Lexington Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 127 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been hearing about this place for several years and decided to give it a try...that's not easy for me to do! I live in Chattanooga, TN but I work with a client once a quarter in Statesville, NC still 45 minutes away. Monday afternoon I drove the 45 minutes from Statesville to Lexington and it was worth it!! I do love the vinegar based bar-b-q sauce and it's hard to find!! I'm not a big eater so I got the chopped "tray" same as the plate but without fries. It came with slaw, loved it it was "sweet", and great hush puppies!! The restruant is very clean, service was great and very good prices. I will go back. Did I mention that I bought 4 pints of the sauce to take back to Chattanooga with me!? The only thing that is not good is their "presentation". When the food came out it just looked "pitiful".

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Lexington is good and historical. I like Speedy's a little better but, Lexington BBQ is 2nd place in my book. :) I love BBQ in Lexington no matter where it's at!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This restaurant seems to be somewhat of a local legend. Whenever I need to give someone directions to my house all I have to say is "go to Lexington BBQ". I've never met anyone around here who didn't know where it was.
The place is always packed at lunch and dinner, but the service is good and the food is always worth the wait.
We get take out every chance we get. Just pull up out front, beep your horn and they come out and take your order right in your car. Can't beat that.
I'm from up north and I'm not a big BBQ fan, but my hubby grew up here and he says it's the best around. I love the Fried Chicken Sandwich. My Grandmother loves the Skins Sandwich and my kids love the Burgers. We ALL love the cobblers. The peach is great, but on the weekends they have the best Cherry Cobbler on the planet.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Lexington has more BBQ restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the country. You can' get a bad meal at any of them. Lexington BBQ, better known as The Honeymonk to locals, has great barbecue and hush puppies. Service cannot be beat and don't forget the sweet tea. if you are there on the weekend, you may get lucky and they will have their homemade cobbler. If your arteries can stand it, ask for an order of skins.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love to eat here. It's always good. I get the lean coarse chopped mini tray. They also have diet Cheerwine which most places don't. They also have peach cobbler.