“Lexington Barbecue”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great place to grab Barbecue from the capital of the Barbecue world. Lexington, North Carolina is where Barbecue was born.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We got the large chopped BBQ tray and also the sliced bbq tray. I couldn't believe how little the portion sizes are. The vinegar based sauce is good, but the meat was chopped so fine it was hard to really taste the meat. The sliced bbq was a bit dry. The staff was wonderful and the sweet tea was awesome, but I left disappointed by the food itself.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I'd heard many reports on how good the 'Q at Lexington BBQ is. They weren't exaggerations. And what's not to like about this place. Along with great food, the service is excellent and the place is tastefully decorated and is spotless. The only problem I experienced was that I over ate. I just had to try the peach cobbler and was glad I did. Fasted the following day...problem solved.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

On a trip from Greenville, SC to Washington, DC, my wife and I stopped at 2 Barbecue Restaurants in NC on the way and bought Barbecue to go. The barbecue from here is not very good. It had almost no smokey flavor and was just bland. The sauce made it a little better but still not good. This was out first time eating red coleslaw and it was great. On our return trip to Greenville, we were going to stop back by and get some Barbecue to take back to our family, but we will not be stopping here. First and last visit.

1  Thank MikekMyrtleBeach_SC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Lexington Barbecue is delicious! I like the chunky or extra chunky rather than the pulled pork. This is not a fancy place but great food and friendly service. Lots of locals always eat here too. We stop here if we are anywhere close to Lexington. This is great Carolina barbecue.