“Fab food in a tiny town”
Review of Chef Dion Sprenkle - CLOSED

Chef Dion Sprenkle
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef Dion Sprenkle is a unique restaurant located in Lexington, NC. It is truly a New York dining experience, with creativity infused into each dish. Chef Dion is a classically trained chef with a passion for using local ingredients in deliciously unexpected ways. The relaxed atmosphere is perfect for a quiet dinner with the family or a gala event. Yo are sure to enjoy your experience at DION. Chef DIon changes his menu each season, incorporating farm-fresh foods and creative inspiration.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great Italian/ Mediterranean dishes in an upscale atmosphere that is wholly unexpected in the tiny town of Welcome, NC. Food was delicious, portion sizes were just right. Prices are a bit higher than most locals normally pay but well in line with the level of cuisine being presented. The only negative we had was the service was initially very slow... Waited quite a while after being seated to place our order. But once the manager saw that we were waiting longer than normal he stepped in to take our order and things progressed quickly from that point. Dessert was wonderful and one was plenty for us to share. Highly recommend this place for date night dinners with your husband!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Dion's today. I had his Chicken Salad with a nice Mayo&Honey dressing, fresh greens, red grapes, tomato, walnuts and my husband had a Pastrami Sandwich with Potato Salad, with a Coke and Iced Tea bill just a tad over $20. Looked at the dinner menu and quite a surprise to see some wonderful entrees and many under $20. Hope we can make it back before we head West and home to Canada. Free corkage Thursdays. Open 11-2for lunch then again at 5pm I think they said.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Reuben sandwich was excellent; corned beef was most flavorable and moist and the rye bread was wonderful. The Reuben is enough for 2 or get a doggie bag for later. Not a fan of the homemade chips as they were too salty and brown, so will try another side.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can understand why this is a local favorite since there's mostly family restaurants nearby, but this place is definitely over-rated. Food was okay, but not much variety. I had the "spiced chicken" and it was no better than rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I had to send back my "new potatoes" because they'd been cooked to a crisp. Not sure why they were cut into little pieces either. The second batch was much better. The atmosphere leaves a lot be desired. I didn't like feeling like an outsider...sat right beside a large party. And they REALLY need a screen or something to divide the dining room from the big open space that leads to the bathrooms and back exit. I think the menu needs more descriptive details for the items too. Nothing about this place (but the service) impressed me or any of the other 3 in my party except for the wine--oh wait, we had to bring that. As long as they can draw from the market located in the immediate vicinity or south of there, they will do okay, but I'm not driving down there again. If you are going to try to do "fine dining", it requires more than just average food & average atmosphere. This place is fine dining with a diner atmosphere.

2  Thank smiley6337
Dion S, Owner at Chef Dion Sprenkle, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry you did not have a great experience at our restaurant. We take your comments seriously. We have changed our menu and made it more descriptive. I think you will enjoy the new offerings and variety of our current menu. We have improved our ambience with new tables, dinner napkins and artwork. We would love another opportunity to impress you at DION. Chef Dion Sprenkle

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I Live only a few miles from this restaurant but never been, I was impressed, the food and service was top notch, my wife had the grilled salmon and I had the lobster tails with gnocchi, both were excellent, the chef sent out several sample of appetizer for us to try on the house. the only downsize is it's in a dry county and you have to bring in your own bottle of wine and charged a corking fee but that is waived on Thursday Nights but the fine food and service make up it. we were told that it would start opening for lunch starting in the new year, 2013.

1  Thank dstew7003