“Do Not stay here!!!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
SC
“Do Not stay here!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel. It was awlful. I had stay here a few years ago, and it has really went down hill. The staff was rude and grouchy. The rooms were dirty. There was trash under the beds and in the trash cans. I could not believe how horrible it had gotten in 2 years. Never again

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Travelin_chickSc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oxnard, California
Reviewed November 5, 2008

This motel was very similar to those operated by Carlson that go by the name Country Inn and Suites. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. A continental and waffle buffet was available for breakfast. Our only complaint was the second floor, where our room was located, had a funny smell.

• Liked — Spacious Rooms
  • Disliked — Smell
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JohnGalt2
New York
Reviewed March 22, 2008

My family and I recently stayed 2 nights at the Country Hearth Inn and Suites in Lexington, NC. We were there to attend a funeral and there are not alot of hotels to choose from in Lexington. I was nervous because all of the hotels in the area are one or two stars. Well, we were very pleasantly pleased at the style, cleanliness, and amenities at this hotel. First of all, the staff is WONDERFUL. The night front desk clerk, Sherry is magnificent. She is patient, kind and has a great "can-do" attitude. (we left very early in the morning and she made sure the coffee and continental breakfast was ready so we could eat before we left!!) The manager, Mr. Dean was friendly and helpful. The little cafe is open 24 hours since they have an ongoing contract with the railroad company so their engineers and staff also stay there. My one and only complaint is that the workers in the cafe need to exercise more care in the proper handling of food. They used their bare hands alot and never used gloves which was a turn off. They are right next door to a Golden Corral as well as several fast food restaurants so you are not forced to eat on the premises.

Other than that, our experience was superb and we will definitely stay there again when we visit family in Lexington.

• Liked — the friendliness of the staff, size of rooms, style of rooms
  • Disliked — food service in cafe
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LPWNewYork
Reviewed December 19, 2005

We recently stayed here as we were attending a wedding in lexington, nc. This hotel was great top of the line. The rooms were the some of the cleanest rooms I have seen. All of the employees were great they were helpful in all ways. They also were helpful in making us maps although they didnt have to do that it was great. The deli was of great value as were the rates for the rooms. You must stay there if you are in the area.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 13, 2005

When I stayed at this place, there was a huge sheet hanging over the front of the building that said: "Yes, We're Open." Maybe the experienced traveler is staying away from this place. When I entered the small lobby, this nerdy young girl was babbling about the weather. The reception desk was anything but professional. My room was average but there were no fridge or microwave. The breakfast was stuff you could buy at the grocery store with everything wrapped in cellophane. I burned my hand badly and had to go to the emergency room. When I asked the same clerk where the hospital was located, she gave me a garbled set of directions that were totally wrong. It was obvious she had no idea where the emergency room was located. That in itself turned me against this place. There was supposed to be a deli or a bar or something when I was there but it was closed. The very few people I saw as guests there were not the kind I'd hang around with. Maybe this place has cleaned up its act but you'll never catch me darkening its doors anytime soon.

• Stayed December 2004
Reviewed May 28, 2005

This is a new property (about one year old). The staff was courteous. The free breakfast was plentiful. Easy access from I-85. Shopping and dining within walking distance. Hotel has an all-nite deli on the property. My room had a small refrigerator and microwave. The fast speed internet access was excellent. Great choice for a business trip.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Days Inn Lexington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 10 in Salisbury

Been to Country Hearth Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!