“Delicious!!!”
Review of Barbecue Center

Barbecue Center
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The Barbecue Center of Lexington, NC specializes in Pit Cooked Lexington Style Barbecue. We are also well known for our Huge Banana Split. We also offer a full early morning breakfast.
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

After going up in Lexington and eating at most of the BBQ establishments there, I always make an effort to stop here to eat or get something to go. It is always yummy, fast and plentiful. And don't forget the banana split that can feed four.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been to all the famous bbq spots in Lexington and this might be my favorite. The bbq is perfect and my butter pecan shake was amazing.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The barbecue pork was excellent. This was my introduction to Lexington-style barbecue. It did not have a strong flavor, but the meat was excellent. The red cabbage cole slaw was more distinctive. A small tray was very sufficient for typical appetites. The banana split was huge. Three of us were not able to finish it.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Simply put - it doesn't get any better than this! Try the chopped pork - plate or sandwich - ask for large chop (chunks). This part of NC puts some thin sauce in their chopped pork ("dip") - just a touch with a hint of vinegar and a little spice - rather mild but really tasty. Didn't get one this time but they have KILLER banana splits! Walk across the parking lot to the low blue/green building and check out the smoking pits -- yum yum! They had 30 pork butts on when we visited! Fries were so-so. Nice hugh puppies. Sweet tea was just right.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My daughter has always loved their cheeseburgers and now my Grandson wants his from The Barbecue Center. Great BBQ special for take-out. Always good food.