“Good BBQ”
Review of Barbecue Center

Barbecue Center
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The Barbecue Center of Lexington, NC specializes in Pit Cooked Lexington Style Barbecue. We are also well known for our Huge Banana Split. We also offer a full early morning breakfast.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love Lexington style NC BBQ. This place has some great pork; however I was disappointed in the chicken my wife ordered. Hushpuppies were amazing. Save room for desert as they have great, huge, old-fashioned banana splits.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was headed out of Lexington for a business trip and wanted to try one more place and was lucky enough to pull into BBQ center. Busy at lunch, seat yourself. Coarse chop plate of pig was great. I think their sauce is just a smidge thicker and for me, I liked that. Had "red slaw" (made with the hot sauce) fries, and a basket of hushpuppies that were just about the best I have had on my time on planet earth. Hot, crunchy, and enough moist cornmeal bite in the middle to make you glad to be alive.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I live about 25 miles from Lexington so I am not a frequent partaker of the BBQ restaurants but am slowly attempting to test taste at all the more highly rated ones. I was severely under impressed with Lexington BBQ but maybe we hit them on an off night. I have enjoyed Speedy's but so far my favorite is BBQ Center. I stopped by today and picked up the Chopped Special carry out consisting of about 1 1/2 Lb. of Q, 12 buns, and a pound of BBQ Slaw for $14.00. I also got a 1/4 white meat chicken BBQ. The Q was moist and had a good but not overwhelming smokey flavor, very little discernible fat and frankly was delicious. The BBQ chicken was the best I've ever had to date. Moist, tender fall-off-the-bone chicken with a nice slightly sweet and smokey flavor. They have what seemed to be quick and efficient curb service (I went to the counter). The interior was neat but not overly large and everyone I saw working there seemed to be friendly and nice (a big plus these days). Prices are very reasonable and portions were good. What more can I say? Just a great place for good food.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm a sweet tea connoisseur, and this place has the best! Matches well with the excellent BBQ-I prefer the chopped sandwich. Wait staff always friendly and quick. I've been going here with family for 3 decades. Now we always go when we visit from western NC!

1  Thank Ah M
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stopped here for our Saturday Night meal and the place was packed with customers. We were seat quickly and our plates came out quickly too! We ordered the coarse chopped BBQ plates. I found the meat to be well favored and tender. Red cole slaw is not my first choice but it very popular here in this area. Corn bread hushpuppies are served too. We did not order the banana split but we saw several ordered and that looks like a meal by it self.