“Beautiful Building....Good Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy 52 & Hwy 64
Reviewed December 26, 2016

Several girlfriends & I stopped in for a wine tasting, lunch and some Christmas shopping. This is a beautiful place to visit esp at Christmas, we took numerous photos. Our tasting was good, I liked several of the wines. I'm a chardonnay drinker and I did like theirs plus my friends that like Duplin, really liked their sweet wine. The lunch was very tasty. A 1/2 sandwich and side. Definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

The Bistro at Childress Winery is always a delightful place to have a delicious meal with friends, either before or after wine tasting. It's reasonably priced and worth the drive.

Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for a Sunday Brunch with some friends we had seen in a while. Service was very good as waitress was very patient with us as we got reconnected with our old friends. Food was good, wine Served after noon on Sunday was very good. Waitress did not bother us even as we turned into campers at her table.
Has a very nice day and meal and a great opportunity to reconnect with old friends. Also have a good gift shop and offer wine tours

Reviewed November 28, 2016

We recently ate at the Bistro on a Monday afternoon and really enjoyed the experience. The place was not very crowded which I think helped based on some of the other reviews. I had the meatloaf (made with sausage) on top of turnip greens and mashed potatoes. It was very good. My wife raved about the shrimp and grits and our friends loved the pot pie and a burger they had. Our server was very pleasant and the views of the vineyard are really nice. It looks like the windows can be opened up if the weather is good which would be even nicer. The wines are pretty good-we had the Syrah. The prices were reasonable as well. Take the winery tour if it fits into your schedule.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 20, 2016

Although have visited several times,decided it's time to write a review for The Bistro at Childress Vineyards. Nothing but thumbs up for the ambiance and attentive service that I've always received at this bistro. I took my 86 year-old mom to the Bistro Nov. 19 for Saturday lunch. (We made online reservations a week in advance guessing Saturdays prior to holidays would be super busy. Good idea.) We ordered the Bistro burger which our waitress informed could be split and served on two separate plates. ($3 extra with each getting choice of full side.) Great suggestion! Plenty of burger in 1/2 portion! Second to none! Living in Greensboro, N.C., I'm pretty much a "Hops only" burger person, but this burger was just as superb as the "voted best burger bar in the nation", even though the Bistro only has 2 kinds of burger choices. The fries were perfectly cooked, and the small Skillet Pecan Pie we ordered for dessert was enough for two, arriving in a small black, iron-cast, skillet at the perfect temp to gently melt the on-top scoops of vanilla ice-cream. We split a glass of wine, which was adequate and satisfying for this meal, although not always what I'd want to do. We enjoyed a red blend of a semi-dry of Cabernet, Merlo, and Malbec (don't remember it's label name). We thought this was a perfect wine pairing with our burger, at least for our non-expert palettes. Earlier, I'd noticed a Natty Greene beer on the menu, so at first hesitated about the wine, 'tho was glad of our choice because the wine blend ended up being a pleasant accompaniment. Five stars and two thumbs up for our experience! Thanks to all of the staff at Childress Vineyards who do an impressive job and make the drive to the vineyards and Bistro worthwhile!

Date of visit: November 2016