All reviews childress vineyards indoor pool pancakes great breakfast complimentary breakfast would definitely stay here again microwave and fridge excellent stay staff was friendly and accommodating very nice hotel one person rooms were very clean bed was very comfortable north carolina sausage parking lot wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Was disappointed for the price we paid to stay here. No safe in room. Indoor pool but no hot tub. Breakfast was as good as any other hotel we have stayed. Breakfast was from 6-10 . Eat early as later food was low and not refilling anything.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Hello budv,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part your visit here in Lexington. We are grateful that you've chosen the Holiday Inn Express to host you.

Making sure our guests have efficient and frictionless experiences is all that we promise, budv, but I'm sorry that you felt not getting the most of what you paid for. I read that you wished there was a safe in the room and a hot tub to soak yourself in. I also regard your comments about the availability of breakfast options though it made me smile that you liked what we serve.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 4, 2019

My family and I have stayed at this property quite a bit in the past 10-12 years, and have found it, in the past, to be a wonderful HIE property. That is no longer our opinion of this location. Let me tell you, your location next to the Vineyard is not that big a draw, when your service is as terrible as it was for our most recent visit. There are other hotels in and around Lexington!
Our stay started off different than I remember in the past. We've never had any issue with getting rooms on the top floor as we always check in right around 3-4 pm. We arrived a little after 3, and asked for rooms on the top floor. My mom was told there was only one room available on the top floor. I was outside unloading the car, or else I would have asked, as I travel often and have asked at other hotels, if there would be a room available later, as perhaps they were still cleaning? But when I walked in and was told there was only one room available on the top floor, the manager or whoever was acting as if she were in charge just stood there. She didn't offer or suggest if we waited that a room would become available. I said aloud that I was very disappointed because we had arrived promptly and it didn't make sense that there weren't at least 2 rooms available on the top floor. After the rude woman walked off for a moment, the other woman was able to produce a 2nd room on the top floor.
Then, as my mother was paying, she realized she didn't have her priority club card. I asked if they could look up her priority club number so it could be booked for the room and she get her points. The rude woman looked at us and said flatly "Well I'd have to have your address, and your email..." She clearly didn't want to help my mother out. I then asked if we found it later could we still get the rooms booked under her priority club number. The rude woman said flatly "As long as you do it before you leave." Let me tell you-this woman is doing your hotel a disservice.
Have they changed management at this location?? I've never encountered a more rude person at ANY HIE ever!! The people at this location used to be so friendly! They'd offer to help you with your bags, which I know isn't something they have to do, and they would offer to give you their recommendations for where to eat in town, etc... But you don't seem to employ such people any longer!
The next day we left the hotel about 10am. We had the do not disturb cards on our doors until 10am and then we both took them off so that our rooms would be cleaned while we were gone. Well, when we arrived at 4pm, our rooms had not been cleaned. There were no maids on the floor. My mom called down to the front desk and she was told they would look into it, and did she have her do not disturb card on the door. She said we didn't. And that was it. No assurance that the rooms would be cleaned, just a "we'll look into it." Well, at 6pm when we left for dinner, our rooms had still not been cleaned and when my mother mentioned it AGAIN to the staff at the front desk, she was told "oh that's too bad" and AGAIN they asked if she had her do not disturb card on the door, and once again she said no. We came back at 8pm and rooms were still not cleaned. My mother had asked at 4pm, and 6pm for at least some clean towels, and at 8pm when we arrived back...no clean towels. She had to go back down to the front desk and get them herself. She also had to get toilet paper as she was out! How do you let your rooms run out of toilet paper? They had only been in the room 24 hours and only had the one roll on the dispenser. There was no back up roll, and since they didn't clean the room, she was out.
My room, at check-in, had an empty tissue box sitting in the bathroom stand. So I never had any tissues. It's little things like that that make you look bad,but if that were the only thing, I would easily overlook it. It just goes along with the awful service we were provided during our entire stay. I had to go down and get new keys on the 2nd day as mine no longer worked. When I went down there were 3 people at the front desk. One person was on the phone, one person looked like they were going through some paperwork, and one person was helping a customer. The woman handling the papers looked up at me, and then looked right back down. I waited the 3-4 minutes for the other guest to walk away and then the guy asked what I needed. I was told that my cell phone was the problem, with regards to my keys, and to keep my keys away from it next time so I didn't have this problem. I mean, am I guest that is paying to stay at this hotel, or am I an inconvenience to your staff?
I would have only given 1 star for this review had the front desk person not been helpful to us on the morning we checked out. That woman was someone we had not dealt with until we checked out, and she was helpful. But she's not enough to wipe this unpleasant stay from my or my family's memories.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Hi there Gagirl75

Well that was an extensive review. Thank you for taking the time to write all of that.

I understand that you're upset because of the attitude of the person you call "the rude woman". I will address this with the hotel and share your story with them so they can take appropiate action.

Let me apologize for the inconveniences you've had with us, and please let me assure you we will do everything we can to ensure your future stays are smooth and comfortable as they were in the past.

We would be most honored to host you again in the future and show you the changes made to ensure your maximum satisfaction.

—Alejandro G.

Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

The room I booked had bed bugs! I called down to the front desk, no answer. I called the general manager had to leave a voicemail. I called the front desk back finally the front desk staff answered. She came up to see the bed bugs and strangely she put them in a plastic cup and took them with her. It took them an hour to find me another room. I still have not heard anything from the manger. Nothing was offered for the inconvenience other than the front desk staff escorted me to my new room to “so that I can make sure the room is cleaned properly”.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank cloudseekee21
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Hi cloudseekee21,

Thank you for trusting us for your travel needs.

I appreciate bringing your concern regarding the room uncleaned. I am disappointed to read that we fell short of your expectations. I notified the concerned departments for your review to be promptly looked into. I also sent you a private message to discuss the matter more.

I hope for your usual prompt response!

Always happy to help,

Virgil N
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 2, 2019

I liked the indoor pool, the water was a tad cool, probably 84 degrees. The rooms were clean and had a microwave and fridge, which was nice, and a comfy mattress. The breakfast was slightly better than what most hotels offer. There was a tall man with long blonde hair and a beard who was especially nice. I can't remember his name, but he was genuinely kind, not the fake corporate attitude so many in the business put on. I'd definitely return to this H.I.E. when visiting Lexington.

Room tip: Rooms at the back side face the vineyards, the front faces a highway.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2019

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are large. I have a suite, sitting area with sofa bed and nice chair. Wet bar was nice as well with sink, frig, and microwave. The big king bed was comfortable with a view out of the window of Childress vineyards. Breakfast was amazing-REAL BACON, eggs, biscuits and gravy. I was surprised. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2019