“Great price and great room”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
“Great price and great room”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Third time staying here and they go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Our friend needed to make a change in their room and despite being almost fully booked they were very accommodating. Asked for glasses for wine and they gave them to us so we did not have to drink out of plastic. Breakfast is a good breakfast and better than most others just short of a breakfast restaurant. We will be back. Like a second home when traveling.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CraigSwicegood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We truely appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel. We are very happy to know you had a great experience while staying with us. The feedback lets us know how we are doing and if we have to improve in any area. We are really looking forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
flint, mi
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here twice. Once last year and once this year. Both times I was treated well. Clean and well located. We had one small problem, things happen. The staff accommodated us for the problem. We were more than satisfied. The hotel feels safe. It is clean. Staff is cheerful, helpful and professional. We slept well both times. Firm and soft pillows are labeled and available.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CraigSwicegood, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your feedback, this way we know what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. I am glad we were able to take care of the problem while you were still with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Wilmington,nc
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here late and it looked like the only decent hotel near where we were going . The lady at the front desk was completely rude and had the personality of a wet blanket when I ask what was close to us. We paid for the suite not expecting much but it was disgusting . I went to put my kids in the bed and after pulling the sheets down there was hair in the bed . We called down and the lady was completely rude once again but said she would give us another room . We loaded everything and went back down to the front desk . She have us another room and said we wouldn't be charged that the computer wouldn't charge us until we left . Second room I did a bed check as soon as we walked in hair on the pillow again . This time she personally came up to walk us to the third room to check for herself . At this point it's 2:00 am I've driven 4 hours and I'm exhausted . I notice that my card has in fact been charged already . She inspects the bed in the third room and surprise hair in the bed . So here I am at 2 in the morning dealing with her attitude and changing my own sheets just so I can sleep for a few hours and get out of here ASAP !!! Do not stay here I'm not sure why it got good reviews bf but they obviously DO NOT change the sheets or anything else here . Also there's been some kind of mold or dirt in every ac unit I'm not even turning the air on !

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank JsMom27
CraigSwicegood, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
I'm concerned about the cleanliness and service problem you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests.

Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology for failing to meet your expectations during your stay.

In this regard, I have discussed the problems you raised with my staff, and I was pleased to hear that a resolution had been reached during your stay. Please rest assured that I have reviewed our hotel operations to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

If you need further assistance regarding this matter, do not hesitate to contact me directly. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great location. Comfortable hotel with view of Childress Vineyards. Pleasant staff. Good breakfast with attendant making sure things are well stocked. Easily accessible to Winston-Salem and the Triad area. Nice downtown with local shops nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors facing vineyard.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
A hotel success is measured by the impression we leave on our guest. I am happy to hear about your great experience at our hotel. Everyone at our hotel works hard to ensure every guest is satisfied with their stay and feedback such as yours lets us know we have succeeded.
Thank you again for your comments; we look forward to seeing you again.
Fairview Park, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The rooms were nice and had a microwave and mini fridge, which was great because I spent 20 nights there on a recent business trip. While visible from the highway, it looked closed. The outside needs to be cleaned- there is black dirt running down the side and the shopping center in its parking lot is almost completely empty, adding to the appearance of a run-down or abandoned area. Free hot breakfast was nice, but never changed. Twice in 20 days, there were cheese filled omelets rather than scrambled eggs, but that was the only major change. Sausage rotated between patties and links (perhaps twice there was completely undercooked bacon instead of sausage). The pancake machine was always out of order following weekends with unruly children playing with it. My biggest problem with this hotel was the housekeeping staff knocking loudly and announcing themselves before 8 am ( I was awakened by them from the opposite end of the hall) on mornings that I did not have to wake up early. I have never had cleaning staff coming around this early in any other hotel I have stayed in.

Room Tip: I would avoid the end rooms near the stairwell, you can hear everyone walking up and down the stairs...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sherry W
CraigSwicegood, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Fairburn, Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here while passing through. We really enjoyed the Holiday Inn Express a lot. Our room was spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and we had the vineyard side which was very nice to look at. Breakfast like always was good as well. It's a great location. Right off US highway 52 and close to I-85. i definitely will stay here again and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for a vineyard side room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while in the area, we were very impressed by this hotel. This is the best Holiday Inn Express we have ever seen! Our very spacious room overlooked the vineyards. The room was very clean and in great shape, again way above what one expects from Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is super convenient to the nearby Childress Winery, whether you are visiting the winery or just staying in the Lexington area, I can't recommend this hotel too highly.

Room Tip: Upper floor overlooking the vineyard is the best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Days Inn Lexington
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#1 of 10 in Salisbury
Affordable Suites Lexington
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard? Share your experiences!