“Excellent, peaceful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent, peaceful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This property is located a little out of the way near a large vineyard owned by Richard Childress, former NASCAR driver.

Very attractive property. All the modern amenities and outstanding front desk service. The lady at the front desk was very warm, friendly,and helpful. Room was very well maintained.

My preferred stop in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FandangoGa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Manton, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed 4/13/2013. The hotel is clean and well kept but, don't expect to get to use all the amenities. The evening that we checked in, the pool was full of rowdy kids whose parents apparently never taught them respect. Went to use the pool the next morning when it opened at 9:00 am, only to find it closed until after a baptism was to be held. Also keys were shut off prior to check-out time and had to ask cleaning lady to let us in room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear jsems00,

Thank you for your candid review. I am delighted to read you found our hotel clean and well kept. We regret you were not able to use the pool during your stay. I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We reserved the Childress suite for news year eve and it was great. You have a balcony that over looks the vineyards, a fireplace, a jacuzzi bathtub. So nice. Definitely a great room for a romantic get away.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
So glad you enjoyed the Childress Suite - yes the view of the winery is spectacular even in the winter.
We appreciate the kind words and for choosing us as your home away from home.
Heath, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here at this location and everything this time around was wonderful. Hotel is clean, comfortable beds, great smelling bath towels! and well appointed breakfast. Very friendly staff, as well. Also, beautiful indoor pool area. Highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Lexington!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dawnntim
We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay - we strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable one and one they will remember. Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home
raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was in Lexington for business and this hotel was recommended. It is right next to the Childress vineyards. The hotel is on a hill, next to a little shopping area (that was sadly empty other than 1 beauty/spa shop) Front desk service was super; Rooms were clean and comfy. Free breakfast in the a.m., Would only say that if you are just looking for a place to sleep, it was a bit pricey (not crazy expenseive but enough to make you pause and think, should I go further up 85 if i just want to bed down for the night??)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, we know that you have choices when travelling and were glad that you had a pleasant saty at the Holiday Inn Express in Lexington NC
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

It has been awhile since I last stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but I hope to stay at more Holiday Inn Express's in the near future.

For this stay my school and I stopped here on our way to visit Washington D.C. The hotel was wonderful, the staff was great, and my room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. I also enjoyed the pool, it wasn't cold, however I do wish they had a hot tub. The breakfast was wonderful. First time I've seen a hotel have a pancake maker. The cinnamon rolls as well as the rest of the breakfast were delicious. The location is great it's right off of US 52 or the future I-285. It's also not far from I-85. However, there aren't really any restaurants very close to this place. Finally I like the vineyard that is located right next to the hotel.

Overall a great place to stay. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caleb J
lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the kind words - we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
We hope next time you are in the area that you will consider us again as your home away from home.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Considering there are no other hotels in the vicinity, I suppose that anyone staying in this location is doing so out of absolute necessity, not necessarily choice. Holiday Inn likely knows this and probably doesn't feel the need to stay at the top of their game to beat the competition, since it doesn't exist.

While not necessarily a bad hotel, it's certainly nothing special. Front desk staff is nice enough and the exterior and lobby are fine. But the room was pretty blah. The pillows were lumpy, the couch was very firm, and it took me forever to locate the wall thermostat which was hidden far from the unit behind the microwave (I had a suite). Also, water pressure left much to be desired.

What really bothered me, though, was the "gym". 2 treadmills, a bike and an elliptical - that's it. Oh, and a scale! No weights, mats, or water. It was so pitiful. Plus the treadmills were quite slippery (nothing I've ever experienced anywhere - and I've seen my fair share) and had me a bit worried about falling. I'm assuming they need the belts replaced.

The breakfast buffet is what it is. I don't expect much from a free breakfast; this one seemed to provide enough of a variety so that someone could find at least a bit of fuel for their morning. The bread was stale, however - that could be an easy fix.

I'll likely find myself here again for work due to its proximity to RCR. But I'll pray it's only for a night and I'll leave my workout gear at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank strizek88
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel.
I apologize that we did not cater to your needs as you expected for a Holiday Inn Express and I have forwarded your comments about the hotel to the owners. There is, in the works, new pillows in the hotels future and we are also talking about removing one of the treadmills and replacing with free weights - this has unfortunately not been finalized.
Next time you are in the area and you would like to work out we can call the local gym and get you a day pass if that would better serve your needs. I understand that working out is very important to not only you but a lot of our customers, We will definately look into making it better
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Days Inn Lexington
Courtyard Salisbury
#2 of 10 in Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi
Hampton Inn Winston-Salem - I-40 / Hanes Mall

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard? Share your experiences!