Considering there are no other hotels in the vicinity, I suppose that anyone staying in this location is doing so out of absolute necessity, not necessarily choice. Holiday Inn likely knows this and probably doesn't feel the need to stay at the top of their game to beat the competition, since it doesn't exist.
While not necessarily a bad hotel, it's certainly nothing special. Front desk staff is nice enough and the exterior and lobby are fine. But the room was pretty blah. The pillows were lumpy, the couch was very firm, and it took me forever to locate the wall thermostat which was hidden far from the unit behind the microwave (I had a suite). Also, water pressure left much to be desired.
What really bothered me, though, was the "gym". 2 treadmills, a bike and an elliptical - that's it. Oh, and a scale! No weights, mats, or water. It was so pitiful. Plus the treadmills were quite slippery (nothing I've ever experienced anywhere - and I've seen my fair share) and had me a bit worried about falling. I'm assuming they need the belts replaced.
The breakfast buffet is what it is. I don't expect much from a free breakfast; this one seemed to provide enough of a variety so that someone could find at least a bit of fuel for their morning. The bread was stale, however - that could be an easy fix.
I'll likely find myself here again for work due to its proximity to RCR. But I'll pray it's only for a night and I'll leave my workout gear at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Lexington, NC Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Our new hotel in Lexington, NC is conveniently located near the Greensboro International Airport and is just off Hwy 64. We are also within easy driving distance of Childress Vineyards, the uptown historic district and the Bob Timberlake Gallery. Families will enjoy our Lexington, NC accommodations, which provide quick access to area attractions including the Lowes Motor Speedway, High Rock Lake and Denton Farm Park. If shopping is your preference, stop by the Shops at Vineyard Crossing, located across the street from our Lexington hotel, or check out the many antique shops in uptown Lexington. From hikers to racing fans, there's something here for everyone. The Lexington, NC Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites offers premium amenities and an ideal location near business attractions such as Billings Freight System, Kimberly Clark, Moll Industries and Diebold. Take advantage of our 750 square foot meeting space to hold your next event at our hotel in Lexington, NC. During your stay at the Lexington, NC Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites , enjoy the heated indoor pool and 24-hour Fitness Center. You can wake up to a complimentary hot breakfast bar, which features our signature cinnamon rolls. Book your reservation today to take advantage of our excellent Lexington, NC hotel deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites @ The Vineyards
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ The Vineyards Hotel Lexington