“OK for a night or two”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Considering there are no other hotels in the vicinity, I suppose that anyone staying in this location is doing so out of absolute necessity, not necessarily choice. Holiday Inn likely knows this and probably doesn't feel the need to stay at the top of their game to beat the competition, since it doesn't exist.

While not necessarily a bad hotel, it's certainly nothing special. Front desk staff is nice enough and the exterior and lobby are fine. But the room was pretty blah. The pillows were lumpy, the couch was very firm, and it took me forever to locate the wall thermostat which was hidden far from the unit behind the microwave (I had a suite). Also, water pressure left much to be desired.

What really bothered me, though, was the "gym". 2 treadmills, a bike and an elliptical - that's it. Oh, and a scale! No weights, mats, or water. It was so pitiful. Plus the treadmills were quite slippery (nothing I've ever experienced anywhere - and I've seen my fair share) and had me a bit worried about falling. I'm assuming they need the belts replaced.

The breakfast buffet is what it is. I don't expect much from a free breakfast; this one seemed to provide enough of a variety so that someone could find at least a bit of fuel for their morning. The bread was stale, however - that could be an easy fix.

I'll likely find myself here again for work due to its proximity to RCR. But I'll pray it's only for a night and I'll leave my workout gear at home.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank strizek88
lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel.
I apologize that we did not cater to your needs as you expected for a Holiday Inn Express and I have forwarded your comments about the hotel to the owners. There is, in the works, new pillows in the hotels future and we are also talking about removing one of the treadmills and replacing with free weights - this has unfortunately not been finalized.
Next time you are in the area and you would like to work out we can call the local gym and get you a day pass if that would better serve your needs. I understand that working out is very important to not only you but a lot of our customers, We will definately look into making it better

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I arrived at 200pm for a 10 hour stay...huge parking lot ,ample room to park a semi ..girl at front desk was freindly..lobby and room was great...clean,well lit, comfy bed..this is a fairly new motel not what you would expect in the area...I am sure this is the nicest motel for a quite a few miles in any direction...cant go wrong staying here...when Im back in the area I will stay again..nice price also I think it was $89.00...only nimus I could find here was I was not welcomed as a platinum member or offered a water and goody bad that I get at most if not all other Holiday Inns....besides that this place is perfect...

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet, great for a day sleeper
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. It is with guests reviews that we can continue to make the hotel the best it can be.
I apologize that you were not greeted as a Platinum priority club member - you are our very valued road warriors.
I hope that we do better next time you are a guest at the hotel and will welcome you back with open arms to your home away from home

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here for business in November and was so pleasantly surprised. Don't usually visit Holiday Inns for anything but work, but I told my husband afterwards I would stay again. Pleasant front desk staff, quick check-in and clean updated room. I had time in the late afternoon to walk down the path beside the hotel that leads to the winery, and visited the Childress shop and tasting room, and got some Christmas shopping in. No need to get in the car and drive there! The breakfast in the morning was pretty standard. Clean dining room and the only part of the entire stay that was not first rate were the employees standing in the food area chatting. But other than that, a place I would definitely go to again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The property was gorgeous ! The hotel and the rooms were very clean and very comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the Vineyard. The staff was very accomodating, we arrived early and called the hotel, I spoke to George he was very nice, he allowed us to check in early.
Our housekeeper was Jimmie- she was very friendly made us feel so welcome. We were out all day and it was so nice to come back to a clean cozy room. We will definitely stay again the next time we are in Lexington !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sign of the Vineyard
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Thank you to the entire staff of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ the Vineyards for this past weekend. Myself along with 6 of my favorite girlfriends stayed at your hotel for my 30th birthday/wine weekend. It was wonderful!

The staff honored every request and then some! I walked away 100% pleased yesterday with the hospitality.

Thank you! We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review - we are so glad that you picked us as your home away from home - hope next time you are in the area you will stay with us again

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice looking hotel. Close to Childress Vineyards. Excellent views if you are on the back side of the hotel.

The walls are very thin. The couple in the next room had a fight that lasted all night...and we heard most of it!

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel for best views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear traveldave99,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Childress Suite at HIE at the Vineyards is incredibly appointed - full kitchen if you want to stay in and relax or an easy drive to local favorite food (Lexington-style bar b q and a must try is Dion's - voted #1 in the area); a jacuzzi tub to relax away, 2 entrances to the private balcony from the suite, and a private fireplace for cool evenings.

HIE offers an indoor pool with a great bay of windows to nap in the sun after your swim; exercise room to work off the complimentary breakfast which was filling - biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs and pancakes, in addition to the usual Continental fare. The Childress Suite balcony looks out over the rolling hills of Childress Vineyards - an easy walk or few minutes of driving to the parking lot - great views at sunrise or sunset.

The staff represent quintessential southern hospitality from the front desk and management to the folks who keep the place spotlessly cleaned - everyone was well-versed on local attractions - DIon's, Uptown Grill, Sweet Pea's and all the bar b q hot spots. Boone Cave Park (if you enjoy walking trails with some history), Native Vines Wine (the 1st Native American vineyard in the US with excellent wines), Childress Vineyards (exceptional grounds and atmosphere) and all the Uptown (downtown) Lexington sights are within in a few minutes drive/walk. Pigs in the City walk tour is must - you must meet Higgins the Bellhog in HIE lobby! Everyone at HIE was ready to serve, give directions, answer questions, etc.

The hotel is quiet, private and close to so many little getaways. This is the perfect couples escape/retreat with every modern amenity at your fingertips.

Room Tip: Childress Suite will not disappoint - 2 private balcony entrances - can be family or adult environme...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lexington
Days Inn Lexington
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 10 in Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard? Share your experiences!