“This review is for the OLDER building-address is correct”
Review of The Red Pig

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Red Pig
Ranked #54 of 79 Restaurants in Lenoir
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am not one to leave a less than average rating, I think this makes less than 5 in over 50+ reviews I've made....
The website that the link above takes me too doesn't look like the restaurant we went too-however that is the correct address. The first time we went to eat here, in mid August, they were closed for vacation, I guess, so we made sure to go back. Sometimes these little dumpy places turn out to have great food at a great price....NOT THIS ONE! I will say the sweet tea was really good and so were the onion rings. The Pork on the other hand was NOT good. It tasted like yesterdays pork. I got the sliced pork plate and so did my husband. The color of the meat I would say had a yellow tint to it, which doesn't seem right for a BBQ place. The meat didn't taste smoked at all and it really tasted like left over pork which wouldn't be a stretch since it was lunchtime And the beans I got as my side I am pretty sure were from a can.
There are a lot of BBQ places in Lenior right on 321, I suggest going to one of them.
It appears they started serving breakfast recently, maybe that would be a better choice since breakfast is pretty hard to screw up.

2  Thank Valerie D