“Expected More”
Review of Smokin Hogs BBQ

Smokin Hogs BBQ
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Lenoir
Description: Serving Caldwell and the surrounding counties with the freshest BBQ for over 7 years. Come by and see our new restaurant. We still offer catering and call ahead ordering. Come by and get yours today!
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Expected more based on reviews. Wanted to try both their brisket and pulled pork, was informed due to cost, they no longer carry brisket. Really, if any Texas BBQ quit serving brisket, they may as well shut the doors. Pulled pork was OK, but lacked flavor (had very little smokiness). This is a drive-thru only facility, no walk-up or sit down service.

1  Thank simshawk
There are newer reviews for Smokin Hogs BBQ

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place must be used to catering to locals because it is truly drive thru only, not even picnic tables and they don't give any utensils to eat with-but the Burger King up the road had a potty and napkins, and silverware we could use.
They only have ribs on Thursday and Friday and although they are not cheap you get A LOT! It is a half of a slab (not cut either). My husband loved the potato salad (me not so much but I only tasted his I ordered different) I got the Pig in the Poke and it was pulled pork all the way (slaw and pickle in the bun) and beans-which were out of this world and mulitcolored not just navy beans. We weren't asked what kind of sauce we wanted for the ribs or my sandwich, I liked what I had on it, though it could have used more and my husband might have gotten the vinegar one and I didn't care for it, but the sauce on the ribs was good. If we are on our way to Boone and it isn't Sunday or Monday we will definitely be back and will bring our knives and forks and find a park to eat at and swing by here to get our grub again!.

2  Thank Valerie D