“Ok food, lacking decor, sweet server, Karen”
Review of 1841 Cafe

1841 Cafe
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Lenoir
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
“Ok food, lacking decor, sweet server, Karen”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Decided to give this a try since it changed from sweet T's. I thought Sweet T's was better, especially menu. Food ok, not really innovative. Place could use some sprucing up. Karen was very nice. Food came out , 3 dishes, one at a time, minutes apart. Odd!

• Visited January 2014

Lenoir, North Carolina
“Friday Night Blues and Jazz”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

New management has really added. Food is great, service is excellent, and entertainment was as good as it gets. Over 100 people attended and as far as I could tell everyone enjoyed themselves!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank McMullenLarry
Lenoir NC
“Good meal and Fine entertainment”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This place has changed ownership and name..now 1841 cafe. My wife and i stopped in last night. The filet special was very nice. tasty and well cooked, served with a salad and potatoes and carrots, my Wife had a talapia specila that was served with a salad and rice, it too was nicely cooked and a generous portion. They have a nice selection of brews and wines. This is a very casual place. The only complaint we would have is there not being a green vegetable on the entree plate along with the starch. .

• Visited June 2013
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Expectations were a little too high”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I ate here on June 13th with a group of co-workers, we were from out of town and selected this restaurant based on the reviews. I must say I was disappointed. We were seated promptly - but then I noticed folks seated after us were waited upon and served their drinks before our waitress attended to our table for the first time. I quickly informed our waitress when she did arrive - that we were there on our lunch break from a meeting and didn't have alot of time. She apologized, and took our order for drinks and meal. I don't know if it was the fact we were a party of 5 that took longer than the others who were seated after us - but they received their meals in advance of us as well. We all ordered something relatively simple - chicken salad crossaints with a side, and one ordered a bar-b-que sandwich. Two of the ladies ordered the onion rings - quickly to realize they were frozen onion rings, not freshly prepared. My chicken salad had a bitter almost vinegar taste to it. We all had to ask for refills of our drinks. Plus then there was the wait for our checks and the wait to have our change returned - and speaking of checks - we were given a small piece of paper with with hand written letters and the amount - not a cash register tape at all. So we had to presume our pricing was correct. And one of the ladies even had to ask for her debit card to be returned to her! Not sure I will return to this location for a luncheon or not if ever back in town on business.

• Visited June 2013
Lenoir, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Now 1841 Cafe”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

French fries to die for. These are the only fries I eat. Cooked crisp, just the right amount of salt, thin... perfect.

Visited May 2013