“Great Camping, Great Staff, Great Time!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lenoir
Brown Mountain Beach Resort
Reviewed June 25, 2013

had a good time here, plenty to do with the kids, beach is clean and fun to sit at on the tubes they rent u. the hiking on the trails and the guided tour down river on kayaks was one of the best times we had there. the staff checked up on us and made sure every thing was clean and taken care of.
WILL GO BACK SOON!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I are in love with this area and we wanted the perfect place to stay while we explored. We found what we were looking for and so much more. After a nine hour drive we were delighted to check in and see our cabin. The grounds are in perfect harmony with the lush and rugged nature surrounding the area. The cabin itself was a great mix of old and new, no charm was lost with the addition of modern amenities. We stayed in Rocky Comfort and it was very cozy. The Wilson Creek being right below us was stunning and refreshing. I could go on and on about all the little things that make this such a nice place to stay but I'm sure you get the idea. As a bonus we met Ron (the owner), he was great guy and the kind of person I would be friends with at home. Don't miss the opportunity to stay here if you can, I will def stay agian!! **Make sure to go hiking in the Pisgah national forest and take a drive to Blowing Rock**

Room Tip: From what I saw every cabin looked fantastic with a great location by the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 19Love2travel77
Reviewed June 21, 2013

What a great place to getaway. Upon our arrival, we were greeted at the door by such a kind young man. He assisted us in getting our 5th wheel settled into our campsite. The campsite was beyond words. We were right on top of Wilson Creek. The creek was beyond beautiful, not to mention the sound of the flowing water. It was so peaceful. No, you don't have cell phones or internet but that was okay as we were on VACATION. The park is easy to get to even pulling a 5th wheel camper. It is definitely off the beaten path but yet is only 20 minutes from town. If you have children, there is not a swimming pool or playground so you might want to consider this. But...... they do have a wonderful creek for them to play in and trails to explore. The owner and his staff were so very kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place and will return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I found this resort on groupon. Such a great deal for what we got. I'd pay full price for sure. And I'll recommend this resort to anyone looking for a place to experience North Carolina and the mountains.
We had our own cabin (12 Gates). It was so cute. We had a screened porch, a little private yard, a hot tub, a fire-pit and a gas grill. Inside we had two rooms, a bath and a half, a fire place, a full kitchen, and a sunroom.
I loved it. We had so much fun here. There is so much to do inside the resort and in the immediate area. My husband and I stayed for four nights and we want to go back again with our daughter. It can be romantic or family fun.

I would suggest a few things to anyone coming; bring cleaning supplies and extra paper towels. The kitchen was fully stocked but all the dishes we went to cook with had to be pre-washed. We ran out of paper towels the first night. And I like to wipe up the kitchen and bathrooms really well (I'm a neat freak) so I was sad I didn't have any fantastic or disinfectant to do this. The place was not as clean as I would've liked it. (But I'm a neat freak.) But its a cabin and its rustic and we were there to get dirty in the woods, so it was ok. I quickly cleaned and felt better. The furnishing is a little dated. And I'd suggest they add some storage in the bedrooms for clothes. We were living out of suitcases for a week. It would've been convenient to have a dresser or shelves. Or someplace to hang my clothes so they didn't get wrinkly.

I'd suggest you stop at the sandwich shop. We had their trout sandwich one afternoon and are so sad we never went back for a second. If I'm ever in the area I might stop in just for that sandwich.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MandyCae
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you're looking for 800 count sheets, this might not be the place for you; however, if you need to get away from cell phones and sleep peacefully with the sound of running water acting as white noise instead of an app on your smartphone, keep reading.
Getting there is very easy (and half the fun, especially if you come down via the Blue Ridge Parkway) and the folks who run it are nice and very accommodating. They had great suggestions for local hikes and served an awesome breakfast as well as local BBQ.
The cabin we stayed in was basic: three bedrooms, one bathroom, living room, small kitchen (fully stocked with dishes, cutlery, etc.), and a lovely porch overlooking Wilson Creek.
The owners are very enthusiastic about their plans for the property and it has great potential to be an even more excellent place (including maybe even having those 800 count sheets)! That said, if they did nothing else to it would still be a superb getaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank retuga03
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A few hours before check in the resort called me to ask what time I was going to check in. It wasn't until I got to the resort that I realized they called to see when to turn the fireplace on so the cabin would be warm when we got there. These cabins are definitely built to look rustic from the outside, but are luxurious and fully stocked on the inside. The swing on the enclosed back porch made it seem as though you were swinging over Wilson's Creek. There's a gas station 5 minutes away that's got anything you might need. Overall, it was the perfect stay. It was relaxing and a great, beautiful way to go off the beaten path for a little while. I will definitely be going back and would recommend it to everyone from families to friends to couples looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank kfamoore
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We booked a 3 night stay at the resort to get away from our fast paced performing lives and it was one of the best vacations we've ever had!!! Located in the Western North Carolina Mountains, the Brown Mountain Beach Resort is truly a get away from all technology! There are NO Tvs or radios and there isn't any cell reception, but once you venture into town you will have cell reception again! We stayed in the Firefly cabin! It has 2 bedrooms, one full bath, a big living room with a gas fireplace that heats the whole cabin pretty quickly, a card/gaming area in the living room, a full kitchen/dining area, a back deck area with a 4 person hot tub, and an outside seating area with a small chiminea that is positioned right beside the creek. The beds are large and incredibly comfortable. The water pressure in the shower is great and the temp of the water gets pretty hot! The resort area is absolutely beautiful and the owners are incredibly kind and accommodating! It is very close to the city of Lenoir, so if you need anything it is within 20 mins drive of the site. It is also about 1 hour 15 mins away from Sugar Mountain if you are interested in Skiing!They also are animal lovers and welcome pets!!! The resort is truly a hidden jewel in the crown of the Western NC forest! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone needing to get away from the world for a few days! I plan to return many times over!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Songwriter75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
The Green Park Inn
#1 of 2 in Lenoir
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 4 in Lenoir

Been to Brown Mountain Beach Resort? Share your experiences!