“Clean, comfortable room.”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Danville, Illinois
“Clean, comfortable room.”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

They are in the process of remodeling and the room we stayed in had already been updated. It was a really nice room. The carpet was new as well as the bed. It was extremely comfortable and we both slept great. We had plenty of pillows which is sometimes a problem. I had no problems with the bathroom either, it was very clean.
Our room overlooked the pool which is large and 9 feet deep. People were having a good time in it all weekend. The staff was also nice,considerate and helpful. We had never been in this area before and they had plenty of suggestions for things to do. If we ever get back in the area, we will stay there again. Best room for the money

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Longs, South Carolina
Reviewed September 15, 2010

okay where do i start!!the sheets werent clean,the was hair everywhere in the bathroom the remote didnt work the bed was not comfortable,the rugs in the room felt dirty and over all just didnt get cleaned good please go see the room brfore you get it and pay for it thank you diana meadows

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stilletoqueen45
redcarpetinnlenoir, Owner at Red Carpet Inn Lenoir, responded to this review, January 30, 2011
I am personally sorry for any problems that you have had with the hotel. Please be good enough to visit us again and ask for me personally so that I may take care of your visit. I am the new owner / operator since July 2010 and I personally live on the property.
mississippi
Reviewed July 9, 2009

our stay at the redcarpet in Lenoir, NC was bad. The manager gave us false information the whole time we were there and before we even checked in. The pool was never opened. They kept telling us the inspector was coming. never did. but the pool was opened at night for some adults to swim that knew some of the staff. we were in the pool. it was unlocked. mgr told us to get out the inspector would be there in a few minutes. the pool is still not opened. commode would not flush, stale breakfast, had to move to another room, blowed breaker (power outage) just in my room. maids were giving wrong hotel info. needs new manager.quickly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Carthage
Reviewed June 10, 2009

This hotel is so awful!!! We are a family of six so we needed two rooms to accommodate our needs. I booked it on the internet which was $20 (per room) more expensive than if I had called the hotel directly. Front Desk associate would not refund the difference and said, "Next time you'll know better." I specifically asked for non-smoking rooms, but both rooms had ash trays in them and recked of cigarette smoke and mildew, but "that's all they had." The weekend we visited, they had an excessively loud party in the lobby that shook our beds. Speaking of beds, they were extremely uncomfortable! I hardly slept a wink and woke up exhausted and super sore. The tub had mold around the ring in both bathrooms. So nasty! I would not reccommend this hotel to my worst enemy. It should be torn down or completely remodeled.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank georgensarah
South Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We have stayed here a couple times and the place is not that bad If you are expecting a five star hotel then this is not the place but all the rooms are clean the staff is friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel so the rooms are run down but for $48 Its ok. The location is great You are about 20 minutes from Blowing Rock which this same room there will cost you 3 times that. Several restaurants are within walking distance.There is plenty of parking and it is pet friendly. If you are looking for an affordable place then this is the spot.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Lenoir NC
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for a month because of a JOB.

I liked the $210 per week deal, and service was good.

Had one problem, I was staying in the back of the hotel and some lady knocked on my door at 2 AM 3 times in the month I was there.

She said she wanted to use the phone, or was hungry and needed $.

The third time I noticed she was looking between the curtins of my window.

I called the police and front desk.

The lady at the front desk said they are prostitues that come out from behind the hotel.

I moved too the Comfort INN were the doors are inclosed in the building, and feel more secure

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed May 4, 2008

When I checked in to Red Carpet Inn in Lenior, I asked for extra towels, the clerk regretfully informed me the management only allowed one extra set of towels. Can't blame the clerk, she didn't make the policy. No other hotel I have ever stayed at was ever stingy with the towels.

The price was cheap, but the old saying is true - you unfortunately get what you pay for. Still, that doesn't justify some of these issues. So, I'll just sit here and do a review in real time.

The room has filthy areas, dust in the filthy unswept corners, cobwebs.

Chairs filthy, coat of dust , cigarette burn. The chairs were so disgusting I would not sit on them but on the bed only.

Carpet: Dirty, stained in spots.

Around the light switch at bed & bathroom: Smears of unknown substance but considering the things people do in beds and bathrooms that can generate smears, it can't be good.

Curtain partially hanging off its track at the pull handle.

Smell: believe it or not, in this particular room is not as bad as some I have seen/smelled.

Shower: Bottom of tub black with filth. Ring around tub. Wall tiles dirty with some build up. Hairs spotted. Surprisingly no mold.

Bathroom light fixture missing cover. Low ceiling in bathroom.

Hair Dryer: Half hanging off wall, dirty looking.

Toilet: Will not flush unless you hold handle down. Rust stains on floor behind toilet.

Sink: Cheap, dirty around sink, filthy in spots.

Fridge: Sufficiently clean.

Microwave: Sufficiently clean.

Wireless: Works sufficiently.

Furniture: Cheap but intact. Cigarette burn noted.

Remote: Filthy, but they are all filthy and those who spray them down with Lysol prior to using are wise to do so.

Mattress: Lift up the cheap mattress to reveal a horrible, filthy dirty stained box spring below. Oh goody, I get to sleep on top of that tonight.

Bedding: Poor fitting sheets that will not stay in place. Pillows lumpy and very cheap.

Sanitary rating posted in lobby as of date of review date: 90%, that's pretty low in my book.

All in all, a Red Carpet Inn in Lenoir NC is a typical lower end budget motel only worth paying at the low end of the prices catering to the low budget traveler. It's not as bad as some, but I would not stay here again. I did a cursory check for bedbugs, they are hard to find. I worry about them. There are plenty of cracks and crevices along the floor molding and various areas.

The Days Inn nearby had rooms with a horrible stale cigarette smoke smell in rooms rated as "smoke free". I will immediately reject any room with the slightest smell of stale cigarette smoke. I checked three rooms at the Days Inn in Lenoir and rejected all three of them. Red Carpet at least didn't have the smell that I notice in the room I was in.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Comfort Inn
Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 13 in Hickory

Been to Red Carpet Inn Lenoir? Share your experiences!