“Upgrades would help this location”

Red Carpet Inn Lenoir
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was a host property for a weekend meeting. We were disapointed in several areas in the room itself. First, owner/mgt. should really invest in better quality towels and pillows. I can't speak for any other room but the towels were extremely thin, cheap, useless, but appeared brand new... The bed pillows were flat. Flat as in being a size to fit inside a pizza box. We requested extra pillows, but were told there were not anymore available. We had also requested extra towels and were brought the same type of towels, but only smaller.

Housekeeping could have been better in some areas but the biggest problem was probably an oversight. The toilet seat had an area covered in a wet goo (? no other way to explain it). The lady at the desk came quickly to the room with some cleaner and immediately cleaned the seat. We are thinking the housekeeper probably had sprayed a cleaner on the seat, but failed to wipe it off. No big problem and easily fixed.

We booked a smoking room, and as usual we are used to the bad smoking habits left by others in the rooms. There were cigarette burns around the tub and sink. We understand the thinking of management and we don't expect the best furniture in a room reserved for smokers, but some extra care would help. The pull out sofa had numerous stains. These stains were probably by a guest spilling soda on them, but at some point they should be cleaned or tossed out. The cushions were heavily stained.

This stay was over the Memorial Day weekend. The pool was not open and when asked the lady at the desk said the weather was cooler than normal and they didn't want to have the extra expense to open the pool yet. We were there with 2 teenage girls who were looking forward to the pool and really aren't bothered by the cooler weather.

The room decor was something I had never seen before. We travel pretty often with stays up to 30 days or more a year. The first thing we noticed when opening the door to the room was 2 "Movie posters", One being the poster advertizing Iron Man and the other being a Pirate movie or something. We did look in several other rooms and they pretty much had the generic type wall hangings. Maybe someone stole the previous artwork and these posters were a fast remedy. I didn't ask.

The property itself is nice enough and with a little sprucing up could be a real nice place. The staff was more than nice and was a great plus.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels on the road but this one was one of the worst ever! My husband booked the room as part of a conference deal & regretfully we did not check the ratings ....bad mistake! The beds were hard & lumpy & just plain old and worn out....the room smelled bad...the hair dryer did not work....the bedspread had huge burn holes & torn spots in them...the whole place is just plain ratty!!! The only positive thing about the place was the helpful lady at the front desk...I just hope we did not bring any bedbugs home.....obviously the owners need a wake-up call concerning the rundown state of their property.....a complete renovation is definitely badly needed....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel needs sprucing up. When registering, the staff was friendly, but not dressed professionally. They wore wrinkled plain Tee-shirts and nothing about them reflected that they were an employee. The lobby looked nice enough, but you could see that the furniture was dated. Our room needed a serious updating. The wall paper was peeling off the wall on the edges, our toilet dispenser was rusted, the bathroom just looked aged. We could tell how tall the cleaning lady was from the arc that was on the mirrored wall. We did not have any tissues placed in our room for three days. After I went to the front desk to see if I can get some tissues, I was handed two toilet paper rolls and was told that they did not have any tissues. I did inspect the room for bedbugs and any crawling critters. On a positive note, I never saw anything. When trying the soda machine, almost every soda dispenser was empty. This hotel looks like it was nice in it's day, but it's day has passed. I hope that the owner reads these reviews, take them to heart, and upgrades his facility. With some TLC it can be a good establishment again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I can put up with a lot. Even some high prices or bad customer service, but BUGS? Manager at desk said the bug, I found on the shower head, was a stink bug. They are bad this year. She made it sound like it was normal. Some previous reviewers are correct. Beds are old and hard, mine was somewhat lopsided. So don't stay here unless you are just really pressed for cash.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2012

These is by far the worst hotel I have ever in my life stayed at. In one word to sum up this hotel is a DUMP! The staff are rude, the beds are hard as a bricks, and the rooms smell awful! I had a large group to stay there and we had 3 rooms altogether, not a one of them were clean and didn't smell bad! There was also bugs in every room. If I had the option to stay there or sleep in my car, I would definitely chose my car! We were suppose to stay for two nights but I left after the first night! DON'T STAY THERE!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked the banquet hall for a wedding and signed a contract for use of bar. The manager refused to allow services due to trouble with parties and police. Management refuses to reimburse deposit which puys them on breech of contract. Management customer service sucks even when you can find het ay the office.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank jreaj
Reviewed August 27, 2012

After reading reviews, I came into town needing a place for a week or so. They had the best rate, best pool area, friendly staff and I am very glad i stopped. The bed is so comfortable! First decent sleep into weeks, due to a military move.

• Stayed: August 2012