“Starting to look old and needs some work.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I stay here occasionally since we have family in the area. However, on this last visit we felt that the motel is starting to look a little shabby. The room we had last week had tears in the wallpaper and a few tiles were missing in the bathroom. The bed comforter had some small stains and two small holes in the fabric. The mattresses are starting to feel a bit old. The TVs are still the little 19 inch screens from long ago. The breakfast isn't up to par with most motels these days either. I voiced my concerns to the clerk at the desk and she said that renovations are supposed to start in January. I hope that is true; if not, we will start staying at a newer hotel in Hickory as we want something better for our money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugbigtime
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns. We recently completed a renovation on our guest rooms and they look great! I hope when you are in the area you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Everything was as you would expect from a moderately priced hotel. The HSIC worked fine. Breakfast was very good. The room was clean, quiet, and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sbamaguy
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while our house was being painted. Absolutely one of the better hotels we have ever stayed. The workout room was small but it had great equipment for the space. The breakfast is very good for a continental breakfast....hot and cold items and plenty of juice.
The rooms were very spacious and had a large tv, refrigerator and a nice size bathroom. Would return and would recommend to all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank twin33

Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Inn. We are glad to serve you and look forward to your next home renovation so we can see you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2010

The hotel housekeeping is one of the rudest, unprofessional i have ever incountered at any hotel. I had called down to the front desk and asked for a late check out for 11:30. Reba the head housekeeper knocked on my door and i told her we had a late check out. She was very hateful and rude about it, and smarted off. I recommend if you want frendly staff do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CNW2010
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Thank you for speaking with me personally and allowing us the opportunity to serve you again. The issues raised have been addressed and all staff members realize the importance of treating our guests with kindness and respect.

Reviewed February 24, 2010

just ok ------ hotel staff nice , not many hotels to pick from in Lenoir--this one is right across from a new Walmart-----room average size , terrible size pillows and beds not very comfortable and old tv ----- as good as it gets in Lenoir though

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Chose this hotel due to it's proximity to the high country and the attractions in the area. It's a short scenic drive to Blowing Rock, Banner Elk, Boone, and the ski resorts. The rates were much lower than the hotels located at the ski mountains. This particular hotel was really fantastic, and in terms of cleanliness, comfort, and convenience, it was just perfect. The room was spotless clean, and the beds comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good. The location of the hotel is very convenient. There is a Wal-mart just across the street as well as a large shopping plaza, with plenty of casual family restaurants, and a brand new Bo's Family Fun Center. We'll definitely stay there again the next time we visit.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank techstar25
Reviewed August 2, 2009

The bottom line....according to the staff, this hotel has not been updated since it was built in 1998. This includes the MATTRESSES!!!!! I was up all night tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, but there was no way that was going to happen on an 11 year old mattress. The coils poked me all night long. I called the front desk at 2am to voice my complaint and the clerk was not sympathetic or helpful at all. She even asked me if I was sure I was staying at their hotel (I called from my cell because I didn't want to wake my children up). I started to get up and sleep on the floor, but the thought of lying on 11 year old carpet didn't suit either. I considered going and getting in our van. It was not the way to start our weekend trip. I even pulled the sheets back to check the mattresses to check for bed bugs!

I made my dissatisfaction known to the clerk when we checked out, but it took her a few minutes before she offered to comp the room. I declined because we chose to stay there, but I did tell them that I would never stay there again and intended to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. She then gave me the GM's business card and I intend to write them as well.

I guess to me one the most important aspects of a hotel room is the quality of a mattress. I'm not an expert, but even I know that those mattresses should have been replaced years ago. And from what I read online, the recommendation for hotels is every 5-8 years.

So, now before I book a reservation, I will ask the age of the mattresses!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank thankful2bhome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 9 in Morganton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!