“Nice place to stay in Lenoir”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Nice place to stay in Lenoir”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I was greeted by a woman with a great attitude, who knew the community like the back of her hand and a warm smile. This is a comfortable place to stay. I was in town on business and stayed one night. Everything was nice. The room was clean. The bathroom was clean. Those are the two biggies in my book.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our guest service agent. Our front desk staff works hard to make sure our guests know they are appreciated and welcome at our hotel. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to making sure your room is clean & comfortable. Thanks again- we look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tampa
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed here for business for one night. I arrived late at night around 11pm, the hotel was full and very crowded but they had my room ready. The bed was nice and comfortable, the rooms were pretty clean. I didn't get the breakfast in the morning however, the breakfast room was filled with people so I don't know about the breakfast. Overall it was a good place to stay in Lenoir.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Next time, I hope you are able to enjoy breakfast before you head out.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Comfort inn in Lenoir used to get good reviews because it was a clean reasonably motel in a good location close to the mountains. Lately, however, the motel which badly in need of renovation is in bad shape. The carpets are old and show age, old TVs that shows only few channels, out of service elevator that was not fixed and apparently was not getting regular maintenance. It used to have a decent breakfast but the quality is getting worse and their so called Bold coffee is so weak , it is like hot water.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar . Try another Hotel but do not get near Days Inn in lenoir, it is much worse.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with Comfort Inn on your visit to Lenoir. I emphatically agree that it is frustrating when things tear up and can't be fixed immediately. Sometimes a part must be ordered that is not kept in stock. Our elevator is serviced monthly by a well known and reputable company. While our televisions have not been replaced, they are still in great working condition and we make every effort to make sure all of our guests are satisfied with their stay at our property. We have made many upgrades to our hotel and many more are planned.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 24, 2011

On a recent visit with relatives, we had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn in Lenoir. The hotel is on the main road making it very easy to find and close to restaurants and a Wal-Mart. There was ample parking. We were very pleased with the room and the hotel itself. Unlike a past reviewer, we noted the hotel room to be updated. Yes, the TV was the old style, but the picture on the TV was fine. The furniture looked to be new with no chips. The room was very clean, and it did not smell. The bathroom had been redone and the shower was not tile but a white rebuilt plastic. The vanity was clean with no marks. The carpet looked clean. We were told at check-in and when we made reservations that there was no smoking allowed in the rooms, and we had to sign a statement at check-in that we acknowledged the no smoking policy and could be fined it was later determined there had been smoking in the room. A very nice buffet was provided every morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. Although our stay was brief we were very satisfied, and would stay again. An added benefit--the pillows they used on the beds were so comfortable that I'm replacing my pillows at home with memory foam.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor with what we thought was a standard room. The room had a small fridge an...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you and your family. We appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and look forward to seeing you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I reviewed Comfort Inn after staying there a few months ago and mentioned that it needed renovating. Recently the management responded to my review saying that the motel has been redone and please give them another try, so I decided to see about it.

I was surprised at how little has been changed. The old wallpaper in the rooms has been replaced with knock-down (which looks like stucco) and painted, and the carpets are new. But that's it. The bedspreads are still the same; I don't know about the mattresses. The TVs are still the same old clunky things that were there before, and the long cabinet that the TV sits on had chips in the finish, so those aren't new either. The bathrooms are still the old tile (with small chips in places) and old laminate countertops.

To add to my annoyance, I was put in an old smoking room, despite noting on my reservation that I needed a non-smoking room. So I had to go downstairs and request to be moved to another room that has always been designated non-smoking. The clerk did move me, which I appreciated. But the fact that the room still smelled of smoke despite new paint and carpet leads me to believe that the bedspreads and curtains haven't even been cleaned recently. I questioned the front desk clerk about the "renovation" and she claimed everything was new, and I told her it sure didn't look like it.

Comfort Inn could have done a much nicer job while re-doing the walls and carpets. They should have installed new bedspreads, new flat screen TVs, and new furniture. The bathrooms would have looked much nicer with new paint and updated countertops.

To make matters worse, the AC unit switched on/off constantly, plus it put out a moldy odor. Thank goodness last weekend was so cool in Lenoir so we turned the unit completely off, and ran a white noise machine to help us sleep.

What a disappointment.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank travelbugbigtime
Thank you for staying with us again. We continue to make changes and improvements at our property but it is a slow process. One thing that will never change is our committment to guest satisfaction. My hope is that if any guest is not 100% satisfied with their accommodations, let us know so that we can remedy the problem. Thank you again for your business.
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2011

This was our 4th stay at the Comfort Inn in Lenoir. Love the location - Great staff, rooms and service. Every stay has been great. Thanks

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sbt01
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
As always, we love seeing repeat guests coming in to stay with us. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I stay here occasionally since we have family in the area. However, on this last visit we felt that the motel is starting to look a little shabby. The room we had last week had tears in the wallpaper and a few tiles were missing in the bathroom. The bed comforter had some small stains and two small holes in the fabric. The mattresses are starting to feel a bit old. The TVs are still the little 19 inch screens from long ago. The breakfast isn't up to par with most motels these days either. I voiced my concerns to the clerk at the desk and she said that renovations are supposed to start in January. I hope that is true; if not, we will start staying at a newer hotel in Hickory as we want something better for our money.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelbugbigtime
Thank you for taking time to share your concerns. We recently completed a renovation on our guest rooms and they look great! I hope when you are in the area you will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#2 of 9 in Morganton
Crowne Plaza Hickory I-40

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!