“Renovated?”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I reviewed Comfort Inn after staying there a few months ago and mentioned that it needed renovating. Recently the management responded to my review saying that the motel has been redone and please give them another try, so I decided to see about it.

I was surprised at how little has been changed. The old wallpaper in the rooms has been replaced with knock-down (which looks like stucco) and painted, and the carpets are new. But that's it. The bedspreads are still the same; I don't know about the mattresses. The TVs are still the same old clunky things that were there before, and the long cabinet that the TV sits on had chips in the finish, so those aren't new either. The bathrooms are still the old tile (with small chips in places) and old laminate countertops.

To add to my annoyance, I was put in an old smoking room, despite noting on my reservation that I needed a non-smoking room. So I had to go downstairs and request to be moved to another room that has always been designated non-smoking. The clerk did move me, which I appreciated. But the fact that the room still smelled of smoke despite new paint and carpet leads me to believe that the bedspreads and curtains haven't even been cleaned recently. I questioned the front desk clerk about the "renovation" and she claimed everything was new, and I told her it sure didn't look like it.

Comfort Inn could have done a much nicer job while re-doing the walls and carpets. They should have installed new bedspreads, new flat screen TVs, and new furniture. The bathrooms would have looked much nicer with new paint and updated countertops.

To make matters worse, the AC unit switched on/off constantly, plus it put out a moldy odor. Thank goodness last weekend was so cool in Lenoir so we turned the unit completely off, and ran a white noise machine to help us sleep.

What a disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travelbugbigtime
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for staying with us again. We continue to make changes and improvements at our property but it is a slow process. One thing that will never change is our committment to guest satisfaction. My hope is that if any guest is not 100% satisfied with their accommodations, let us know so that we can remedy the problem. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

This was our 4th stay at the Comfort Inn in Lenoir. Love the location - Great staff, rooms and service. Every stay has been great. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sbt01
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

As always, we love seeing repeat guests coming in to stay with us. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2010

My husband and I stay here occasionally since we have family in the area. However, on this last visit we felt that the motel is starting to look a little shabby. The room we had last week had tears in the wallpaper and a few tiles were missing in the bathroom. The bed comforter had some small stains and two small holes in the fabric. The mattresses are starting to feel a bit old. The TVs are still the little 19 inch screens from long ago. The breakfast isn't up to par with most motels these days either. I voiced my concerns to the clerk at the desk and she said that renovations are supposed to start in January. I hope that is true; if not, we will start staying at a newer hotel in Hickory as we want something better for our money.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelbugbigtime

Thank you for taking time to share your concerns. We recently completed a renovation on our guest rooms and they look great! I hope when you are in the area you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Everything was as you would expect from a moderately priced hotel. The HSIC worked fine. Breakfast was very good. The room was clean, quiet, and well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sbamaguy
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel while our house was being painted. Absolutely one of the better hotels we have ever stayed. The workout room was small but it had great equipment for the space. The breakfast is very good for a continental breakfast....hot and cold items and plenty of juice.
The rooms were very spacious and had a large tv, refrigerator and a nice size bathroom. Would return and would recommend to all.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank twin33

Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Inn. We are glad to serve you and look forward to your next home renovation so we can see you again!

Reviewed September 18, 2010

The hotel housekeeping is one of the rudest, unprofessional i have ever incountered at any hotel. I had called down to the front desk and asked for a late check out for 11:30. Reba the head housekeeper knocked on my door and i told her we had a late check out. She was very hateful and rude about it, and smarted off. I recommend if you want frendly staff do not stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CNW2010
MgrCILenoir, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Thank you for speaking with me personally and allowing us the opportunity to serve you again. The issues raised have been addressed and all staff members realize the importance of treating our guests with kindness and respect.

Reviewed February 24, 2010

just ok ------ hotel staff nice , not many hotels to pick from in Lenoir--this one is right across from a new Walmart-----room average size , terrible size pillows and beds not very comfortable and old tv ----- as good as it gets in Lenoir though

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lenoir
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#3 of 9 in Morganton
Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!