“Large servings, excellent food”

San Felipe Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Leland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We ate here after a long day of travel and after checking in at a local hotel for the night. I had the Texas Quesadilla and my wife had the Enchiladas Rancheras. The food was simply excellent, and the servings were generous. We will be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We eat here several times a month and have never left disappointed. We start with the usual endless chips and salsa but we also add sour cream and queso dipping sauce. Get the chicken wings for an appetizer and ask to get them extra crispy with the hot sauce on the side. They're delicious! I usually get the San Felipe Super which is five different enchilades with a side of rice. The portion size is very large. They have an extensive bar which also has seating available. The staff is very friendly and the service has always been quick. The weekend nights tend to get very crowded so try to get there before 6:30 to avoid a wait

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Tried the San Felipe restaurant in Leland while on a trip to Wilmington, not realizing it was part of a chain. Regardless of that, I was very pleased with my meal. The restaurant was clean, the wait staff very attentive and accomodating, the food (at least what I had) was very good and plentiful. I ordered a horchata, which I developed a taste for in Albuquerque, and it was good as well. The only negative I have to say is that chiles rellenos are not on the menu!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Worst Mexican restaurant ever. We were the 2nd people through the door and were hoping for a quick tasty lunch. No such luck. Every step of our experience was painful. It took forever to order - forever to get our food - and half of it came out wrong. The food was gross and some it was cold. I cannot rember the last time I dined without tipping....until today. There seemed to be a lack of organization and efficiency and it blows my mind that as the 2nd table seated we received such horrible service. Never again.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the one and only Mexican place we love to go to. Food is always fresh, place is clean and and service is always fast. Great value on lunch specials every day. Bottomless chips and salsa for all. Kids and whole family loves it. This is the one one that is in the Leland, NC Walmart shopping area. Highly recommend to anyone that likes Mexican food for reasonable prices.