“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leland
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very friendly staff and super clean rooms. Very convenient to restaurants and shopping. The room had a refrigerator, sink and microwave. Beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet.
There were only 2 motels in the area and this was the better choice.

1 Thank Pam L
zgooden, General Manager at Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our top priority to exceed our guests expectations and make them feel at home. We welcome your feedback and will use it to better serve you and future guests. Thank you once again. Come back and see us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at this Best Western and were very pleased with the up to date accommodations and excellent service. Our room was well taken care of by Sheila from the housekeeping staff. The hotel was quiet at night. Parking was very convenient and the breakfast offerings were what we needed. The breakfast service staff did a great job even though there was a tour group from England eating at the same time we were. This motel/hotel is conveniently located just 8-10 minutes outside Wilmington, and less than 1/3 mile from shopping and restaurants. I would highly recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: This hotel is just off of Highway 74/76 on Hwy 17 South, about 6 miles outside Wilmington. It is bac...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank senior-diner24
Thank you for your kind words. We strive for excellence here and we welcome feedback from each guest. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are glad our staff and property exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you again!
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

When a family emergency brings you back to your home town this facility really made it easier for on dealing with the difficulties life brings you. From the friendly folks at the desk as well all the other girls working at the breakfast and our very nice housekeepers. They made sure all our needs were met. Thank you Best Western and Westgate employees.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank tammyandteressa
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. While the circumstances were less than ideal for your visit, we're are thrilled to hear our staff was so accommodating. We value each guest here and strive to make each stay as wonderful as possible. I am glad we exceeded your expectations during such a hard time. We value and appreciate your business! We hope to see you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 13, 2013

From the time we entered the Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites until we left was nothing but excellent service. The two young ladies at the front desk upon our arrival were very knowledge, friendly and outgoing. It made us feel right at home. The rooms were very new and clean, plus it had a refrigerator and a kitchen sink out side of the restroom. I really liked this. As we beginned our first morning breakfast at the hotel JoAnne in the breakfast area was outstanding in assisting the guest and keeping everyone happy. Her friendly smile and outgoing spirit. When I return to my room there were two housekeepers who were so pleasant and had a beautiful spirit and they cleaned the room so fast and still was very friendly. What a wonderful staff. And while leaving today the young lady at the desk was exceptional in helping me get check out and finding my Best Western reward card. Thank you for a wonderful staff and a beautiful stay. We were down in January and the FBI International Conference had rooms across the street, but you have really outdone your competition across the street. Thank you for a wonderful stay and the amazing staff.

Room Tip: If you want a true place away from home that is clean with friendly service this is the place. The b...
1 Thank Germaine C
Thank you so much for your kind review. We love and appreciate your feedback. I am so thrilled we exceeded your expectations and that our staff is so wonderful. We strive make each guest feel right at home here and are glad you enjoyed your stay so much. We value and appreciate your business! We hope to see you again soon!
Onancock, Virginia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

As good as it gets in this price range. Across the river from downtown, but easyaccess, good neighborhoods close to everything. Would stay there anytime. The breakfast bar was good, local advise on how and where offered by staff. All good

1 Thank PCCROCKY
Thank you for your kind words. We do believe we offer the best amenities and location near the Cape Fear. We're glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and that our staff was superb. Thank you for your loyalty. We value and appreciate your business! We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I went a on weekend getaway to Wilmington and was looking for a nice hotel that was a good value. The hotel was very nice and I would stay there again. Hotel is close to Wilmington and only takes a few minutes to get there. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Liz E
cegooden, General Manager at Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for reviewing us! I'm so glad to know that you found our hotel not only a convenient location but you noticed our efforts to maintain a clean and friendly environment for you and all of our guests! I hope to see you again on your next visit to Leland!
Zack Gooden
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice for an intermediately priced hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. Overall very nice.
The drawbacks were:
Having to turn right (north) on 17 to make a U turn to go south. I'm sure a DOT engineer has decided its safer but it's still a pain.
The first in room coffee pack I had was absolutley the worst I've ever had. The next day it was a brand I've seen before and better. Hey, it's in room coffee. I can't think of any I've ever had that was great.
The tissues and toilet tissue in the rooms was the thinnest I've ever seen.
The bath towels were nice and plush but a little smaller than I would like. Also there's no rack close to the shower. It's easy enough to hang it somewhere close to the shower though.
The few things I've mentioned are really nothing and I'm going back there next week.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BobbyB4
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations. We value guest feedback and truly use it to better our hotel experience for future guests. We value and appreciate your business! We hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leland
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Golden Sands
Golden Sands
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!