“Absolutely my favorite hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leland
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My job requires that I travel with large groups spring and fall of each year. I have stayed at this hotel twice, and it is ABSOLUTELY my favorite place to stay. The front desk staff are all exceptional. The accomodations are comfortably upscale. The mattresses here are without a doubt the most comfortable of all the places I stay (hotels in 7 states in the Southeast). I would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Me and my colleagues spent 2 weeks at the Comfort Suites Magnolia Green in Leland NC and couldn't have been happier with the service. The rooms were spacious. The entire property was extremely clean, and the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more professional. I can not say enough about how good our stay was. It is centrally located between our destination, Wilmington and the Brunswick County beaches and it is within walking distance of numerous new restaurants, convenient stores, pharmacies and a Super Walmart. The management staff (Lee Ann & Nicole were wonderful and easy to work with) as well as the entire staff are top notch. If there were any negatives, it would be that the pool is on the small side but that shold have no bearing on anyone needing a great place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Positive:
This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. It is less than a year and half old. Nice lobby, great breakfast, amazing furnishings, plenty of room. My family and I will definitely be staying here again when we return to Wilmington.

Negative:
The pool is very small, and I could not get anyone to the desk at 3 AM when a neighbor was making too much noise. I just called the neighbor myself and pretened to be the front desk and took care of it.

Overall a great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

What a wonderful experience from start to finish - a warm welcome from the front desk staff, elegant and comfortable rooms to a wonderful breakfast!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Stayed here in March and it was great!

Comfortable beds, clean rooms and great staff.

I would highly recommend this hotel if your in the Wilmington, NC area!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites hotel in Leland and have absolutely no complaints. The rooms were nice and roomy as well as very clean. The beds were very comfortable. I enjoyed the flat screen TV as well. The location was very convenient to downtown Wilmington where the conference I was attending was being held. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I had previously stayed at a Comfort Inn Suites in Indianapolis and really liked it so I decided to try them again. I found this Comfort Inn (at Magnolia Green) to be very nice with a pleasant and helpful staff and pet friendly. I was able to leave my dog in the room for a few hours while I was out and quick access to the outside for my dog (Gabe) to run around. If you know your going to have to leave your pet in the room for a couple of hours its best to put the do not disturb sign out and let the front staff know just in case. Otherwise this was one of the more truly pet friendly hotels I have stayed in.

The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfortable. I've stayed at several Ritz Carlton's and the beds here were almost and comfortable. They also serve a hot breakfast that includes waffles you can make yourself :) and sausage and eggs. Milk, apple, and orange juice are also available.

The only thing I found lacking was the location. The hotel is at the front of a large development called Magnolia Greens....hence the name.....which is a plush community built on golf courses. However, there aren't many restaurants to choose from in the immediate area and I found that I ended up driving over to Wilmington to eat. To be fair Wilmington is only about 10 minutes away but there just seemed to be a lot of fast food and not much else.

Overall I was very please and would definitely recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leland
Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District

Been to Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area? Share your experiences!