“Could not be better”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leland
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Could not be better”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I read all the glowing reviews for this hotel and thought it could not be true. I was wrong. We were greeted by Melissa with a big smile. We were checked in efficiently and quickly. Our room was very clean and that is the most important thing for us when travelling.

The breakfast, included with the room, was ample and consistently stocked by one of the hotel associates. The bold coffee was just that and the container was kept full. Overall the hotel was very clean and bright. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor. It is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
crown142, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Melissa has been with us for over three years and does a great job. We do a tremendous amount of training with all of our staff members and they truly want to impress our guests. It really makes my job much easier when you have associates who want to do a great job. Again, thank you for using tripadvisor to find us and I'm glad we met and exceeded your expectations. Barry Eagle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Pros: The hotel staff were extremely nice. The king sized suite was perfect for my one night stay. The hotel was located near the main stores in Leland which was convenient. There was plenty of parking.

Cons: The bed was too soft for my liking. I should have heeded the advice of other travelers about location of my room. As a light sleeper, my night was horrible. My room faced the highway. By the time I realized how noisy this was, I was too tired to call and ask for another room (if possible). Just when I was able to fall asleep, the people upstairs woke up at 5 am! They literally sounded like they were rehearsing the "March of the Wooden Soldiers". There was no attempting to sleep after that.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, ask for a room away from the highway and on the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am extremely sorry for the noise issues you encountered during your stay. Obviously, we are dissappointed that you didn't get any rest. For your next stay we will do our best to accommodate you at the rear of the hotel. We do appreciate your business and hope you will come back soon. Barry Eagle
Greensboro
Reviewed March 22, 2013

...and rightfully so. I have to admit, I used Tripadvisor quite a bit if I'm going to a new place, and so far, I'm rarely steered wrong. In this case, a last-minute trip to Wrightsville Beach led me to overnight at the last minute. Checked out the reviews and, although it wasn't very close to the beach, there was nothing available much closer that looked inviting. I was pleased with everything about this hotel...exterior clean, well-maintained and well-lit (if you were going to need to be anywhere near Leland or Magnolia Greens, this would be the ideal place to stay). Greeting at the front desk and checkout were exceptionally friendly and fast. Room was immaculate, new, well-maintained and well-equipped. I got a mini suite which was very comfortable, sofa, flatscreen, in-room coffee, tea, etc, mini fridge and microwave.

Great night's sleep (fast internet connection included in the room price), the Comfort Suites breakfast, with eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, the works. Interestingly, at checkout the front counter person asked if everything was ok , which of course it was. She then gave me a card for Tripadvisor and asked if I'd rate them on this site. I told her I was a Tripadvisor fan and that it was the reason I ended up there that night.

I would have rated them honestly anyway, but obviously if they're soliciting feedback in a public forum like this one, they're not going to take a chance on poor service, and they don't.

Definitely recommend this hotel if you;re in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
crown142, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review on our property and staff. We work extremely hard to make everyone's stay an enjoyable experience. Our staff truly cares about our guests and I am very honored to have employees who care so much. We are proud of our reviews but know that with each guests we must continue to provide friendly service and an immaculate hotel. We are so glad you were able to stay with us and thank you for utilizind tripadvisor as a source to book your hotels. Best regards,
Barry Eagle
Beaufort
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were looking for accommodations for relatives coming from seven states but needed to be convenient to Castle Hayne. What a pleasant surprise we had. The hotel was very friendly, equipped with our needs, restaurants of all sorts nearby and the best part was peace and quiet not the noises of a larger town. What a relief. The beaches are close enough to keep your family happy in the summer. A delightful Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: The indoor pool helps children relax at night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the great review. We are so glad we were able to accommodate your family. It was also nice to see your comments on how close our property is to the beach and other attractions. Again, thank you and we hope you will come back soon. Barry Eagle
Alexandria, va
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel was very clean.

Room was excellent and the people were very friendly. Would recommend to anyone.

The free breakfast was average but good.

I was satisfied. Location had a super walmart and a number of restaurants close by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
crown142, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to do a review. We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your nice comments on the hotel, staff and the area. Barry Eagle
Hilton Head, SC
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was my first adventure in a Comfort Suites and it was wonderful. The bed was VERY comfortable, the accomodations excellent, the staff friendly and helpful and the area was filled with places to eat and/or drink. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in or near the Wilmington, NC area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you got to experience our Comfort Suites. We are a platinum award winner which is given to the top 1% of Comfort Suites for service and decor. This was our second year in a row receiving the award. Again, thank you for the kind comments and we hope you will come back soon. Barry Eagle
Swansboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were in town for a not so pleasant occasion but the staff could not have been more kind, considerate and helpful. From dinner recommendations to directions to help with plastic wear for an impromptu gathering, they were all great. The rooms were huge, well laid out, in wonderful condition and best of all- very clean! The hotel was very busy but you couldn’t hear a thing inside the room. We loved the desk with the pull out table because it fit perfect between the beds for playing cards and still allowed enough room for the computer to check on work. The town of Leland is a nice size and not too crowded so you can still find everything you need and feel safe. They have some great local restaurants and shopping and you are still right up the street from downtown Wilmington if you want to go out or see the waterfront. It could not have been a better location for everything anyone would need! Thanks again to everyone and know that we won’t stay anyplace else when we come to town to visit!

Room Tip: I always go for the top floor but we had family on other floors and they were just as nice and quiet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the GREAT review. I was glad to see that our staff took great care of you and your family during such a tough time. Your kind comments on the hotel and the area are so appreciated and we hope that you will be able to visit again sometime in the near future. Barry Eagle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leland
Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wilmington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East
Best Western Plus Coastline Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Leland-Wilmington Area? Share your experiences!